Sign in to follow this  
Twisted1

Kkm 4.6 or 6 inch barrel?

My stock barrel groups at 50yards isn't the greatest so I've decided to get a kkm barrel. I plan on hunting deer an hogs, but also need it for hd. Would I gain accuracy with the stock length, or do I need a 6"?

you'll gain from the stock length, but why not make the 10mm REALLY shine, and add some length, with the 6inch barrel..

you'll gain from the stock length, but why not make the 10mm REALLY shine, and add some length, with the 6inch barrel..

Will the accuracy still be there with the 4.6 barrel? The 6" is only 1" 3/8 longer

You will not gain any accuracy from a longer barrel. This myth comes from the fact that often longer barrels are accompanied by a longer sight radius. With a longer sight radius, the shooter can align the sights with more precision.

In rifle barrels, top benchrest shooters commonly accept that a shorter barrel is a better choice because it will be stiffer and less subject to harmonic vibration.

In the lengths we are discussing there will be no relative merit accuracy wise to either length. The longer barrel will provide more velocity, and therefore a flatter trajectory with greater point blank range.

Anyone else try the kkm barrels?

have heard nothing but good things about KKM barrels.

This thread was out about the time I bought my 6" KKM barrel for my Glock 20C. The barrel is great, I had some 165 grain zero HP on top of 11.5 grains of Blue dot chrony'd at 1600fps..... I don't shoot that loading out of that barrel anymore, afraid I'm pushing it just too much.... Love the KKM barrel. I have since picked up a 4.6" Lone Wolf in 10mm, and It won't shoot my reloads.... I'm thinking of getting another sizing die. Currently using Lyman 10 mm dies.

Anyone have a suggestion of who would have a tighter 10mm sizing die??? :tf:

I have been using the LEE FCD as a "Pass Thru Sizer", you remove the guts and use a push pin to push the casing up thru the die completly sizing the casing even the extractor rim. See LEE Bulge Buster Kit. You can NOT fix a brass that has a "SMILE/FROWN" as they have been compromised.

good luck!

I have been using the LEE FCD as a "Pass Thru Sizer", you remove the guts and use a push pin to push the casing up thru the die completly sizing the casing even the extractor rim. See LEE Bulge Buster Kit. You can NOT fix a brass that has a "SMILE/FROWN" as they have been compromised.

good luck!

Thanks! I've seen your comment before about pushing them through your Lee Factory Crimp Die, but I wondered about that push pin..... This explains it! Thanks again I'm sending my order in now.

VeeKay, I sent you a PM...

I've installed a KKM barrel on my Glock 20 and its quite accurate. It seems to like my 200 gr. Nosler JHP reloads and most factory ammo I've run through it.