Sign in to follow this  
NytWolf

Which Kimber?

Where do you guys get extra magazines? I've read that there are problems with the Kimber magazines. Is that true?

I had no problems with the supplied Kimber magazine. I do have magwells on most of my 1911s and wanted to add it. The Kimber basepads will screw onto it if you do the same. Had a wait for other magazines as I got mine right around the time of the fires in Texas and it shut down Tripp for a few weeks. The 9 and 10 rd Tripps have been flawless and feel better to me but I use Tripps for all my 1911s (.45 & 9mm).

The Eclipse is from their custom shop and the better of the two. Why wouldn't you carry it?

Too pretty, that's all. I just hate to get it all scratched up. I am very protective of my personal property, but sometimes the inevitable happens and you just can't help it.

Edited by NytWolf

Too pretty, that's all. I just hate to get it all scratched up. I am very protective of my personal property, but sometimes the inevitable happens and you just can't help it.

I have had a 10mm Eclipse since 2005 or 6 I believe. They were $950 back then so they are going UP and that is a good thing.

The Elipse comes with night sights, and front checkering on the strap, these two items would cost you hundreds to install on another 1911. The Eclipse also has the Kimpro finish OVER stainless, and it has a super nice set of wood grips, the Stainless model comes with rubber grips.

My pistol is a tack driver and shoots to POA/POI so I do not see a need for adjustible sights on this pistol.

I carry it in the field all the time as a backup and sometimes as primary weapon, I put it in a Bianchi military flap holster and it stays protected pretty well.

I also had no problems at all with the stock Kimber mags. I think I did eventually put Wolff mag springs in them but that wasn't because the stock's didn't work.... I just prefer the stronger springs for hot 10mm.

Just about "any" Kimber is good in My book.... :thumb: :oh yea: :laugh:

I have had a 10mm Eclipse since 2005 or 6 I believe. They were $950 back then so they are going UP and that is a good thing.

The Elipse comes with night sights, and front checkering on the strap, these two items would cost you hundreds to install on another 1911. The Eclipse also has the Kimpro finish OVER stainless, and it has a super nice set of wood grips, the Stainless model comes with rubber grips.

My pistol is a tack driver and shoots to POA/POI so I do not see a need for adjustible sights on this pistol.

I carry it in the field all the time as a backup and sometimes as primary weapon, I put it in a Bianchi military flap holster and it stays protected pretty well.

Those are very convincing reasons to get the Eclipse. Truthfully, your arguments about the needing adjustable sights push me over the fence towards the Eclipse.

Just about "any" Kimber is good in My book.... :thumb: :oh yea: :laugh:

LOL ... I can't get both. I just wanted to know which to get. It seems I do like the Eclipse more because of the finish and the night sights. I might end up getting the Eclipse because of the features versus cost then.

Edited by NytWolf

Those are very convincing reasons to get the Eclipse. Truthfully, your arguments about the needing adjustable sights push me over the fence towards the Eclipse.

LOL ... I can't get both. I just wanted to know which to get. It seems I do like the Eclipse more because of the finish and the night sights. I might end up getting the Eclipse because of the features versus cost then.

Plus they look cool as hell.

stainless target II