AR15Armory.com

Which Conversion Ar 15 or M1 carbine

M1 carbine or Ar 15  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Ar 15 in 10mm
    • M1 Carbine

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice, I just sent the barrel of an Auto Ordnance M1 off to be re-bored to 40 cal. I am going to do the build in 10mm, thought about doing it in 10mm mag and using amt magazines but i didn't want to be limited in my OAL on the cartridge. That's why I am going to try the build in 10mm mag on the AR platform. That way I can experiment with the cartridge a little more. That project is after the carbine project and both projects are now on hold till after I return from my next deployment I just got orders for. So for now, I will just collect parts and information.

Very nice, I just sent the barrel of an Auto Ordnance M1 off to be re-bored to 40 cal. I am going to do the build in 10mm, thought about doing it in 10mm mag and using amt magazines but i didn't want to be limited in my OAL on the cartridge. That's why I am going to try the build in 10mm mag on the AR platform. That way I can experiment with the cartridge a little more. That project is after the carbine project and both projects are now on hold till after I return from my next deployment I just got orders for. So for now, I will just collect parts and information.

I just saw a M1 Carbine on Gunbroker that had been converted to 45 Winchester Magnum, so how much harder can it be to convert one to 10mm Magnum.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd love a M1 carbine in 10mm. I'd love a M1 carbine, but can't justify the cartridge. But in 10mm, yep I could make that work.

I'd go totally sacrilegious, synthetic stock, DuraCoat, telescoping stock, etc... Have to be one already buggered up, or current production, though.

Sure would like to see somebody come out with a M1 based carbine chambered for modern (rimless) semi auto cartridges. That or for Ruger to reintroduce the .44 semi in the above mentioned rounds.

One can wish.

Like I wish I was handy.

Or...

I wish I was wealthy enough to pay somebody else to be handy.