NytWolf

Springfield XD(m) 45 to 10mm?

Has anybody thought about or done a Springfield XD(m) 45ACP to 10mm Auto conversion? I searched and couldn't find anything on the forum.

It seems like it's feasible. The OAL of the 10mm (1.26") is very close to the 45ACP (1.25"). Google doesn't come up with any barrel manufacturers who makes a 10mm for the XD(m).

I would love to see one. But as your search revealed the barrel would have to be a custom one. Perhaps a group buy from someone like Barsto would put them in reach.

The easiest way I can think of doing that would be having a barrel cut to fit the XD(m) 45 externally with the internals cut for the 10mm chamber and bore. and modifing the 45 Magazines to hold the 10mm cartridges if needed.

BTW, We have discussed doing this with the S&W M&P 45 pistol. :)

However having Springfield just produce the 10mm outright would be the best option! :thumb:

I figured having SA make a 10mm would be the best bet, but I don't think they think the 10mm is popular enough for them to create one. :) It would be great if they did though.

I pester them! Get a Facebook account and post away or e-mail them. I pester:

Springfield

Beretta

Fiocchi

Winchester

Ruger

BVAC

Ammo and guns!

Getting Springfield to listen and react would be tougher than you think...

Because Springfield doesn't built these pistols. They are produced in Croatia.

Whatever they'd want to do would require a bunch of work that wouldn't be done hands-on and here in the states.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it's a lot less likely than if they built these guns in-house.

something tells me you guys wouldn't like the results. I read all of your complaints about cracked slides and frames from much stronger pistols.

The XD may split like a stepped on grape.

something tells me you guys wouldn't like the results. I read all of your complaints about cracked slides and frames from much stronger pistols.

The XD may split like a stepped on grape.

They are converting it to 460 Rowland and they seem to hold together.

They are converting it to 460 Rowland and they seem to hold together.

from what ive read, while both cartridges are capable of low end 44mag power, the 10mm does have more felt recoil, which is a big factor in a guns longevity..

that being said, i would love tyo get into a rowland gun...

I know that Glock 20/21 are interchangeable. So I am pretty sure that Springfield can do the same with the .45acp. into a 10mm. I hope they do. :flea:

Has anybody thought about or done a Springfield XD(m) 45ACP to 10mm Auto conversion? I searched and couldn't find anything on the forum.

It seems like it's feasible. The OAL of the 10mm (1.26") is very close to the 45ACP (1.25"). Google doesn't come up with any barrel manufacturers who makes a 10mm for the XD(m).

You would need a 40 cal slide the 45 won't work

Yes, because the breech face is too big, right? Seems like the added recoil might be too much for the "Croatian Hi-Point" :oh yea: