mschen9cb

New(ish) to Fort Worth

I moved out to Fort Worth from Arizona and just set up my reloading bench. Nice to get back to it. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to the best places to pick up components in the area? Also, coming from Arizona I was used to driving out into the woods to shoot. Not quite so easy here in Texas. Any suggestions for good ranges or gun clubs? I shot at the Winchester Shooting Gallery the other day and after dealing with the gun snobs working there and their snide comments about shooting reloads through a Taurus 24/7, I doubt I'll go back anytime soon. Thanks

I know the snobbishness that you are talking about. I get real tired of it. Cabela's normally has components, I think they are getting easier to find too. We are members at the Grand Prairie Gun Club they have a nice range that is open to the public on the Third Saturday of the month, not sure on cost though. Hope this helps, also good luck on not running into gun snobs.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought some primers and powder at Cabela's the other day. Not the greatest prices, but it beats not finding them at all. I've heard some good things about the Grand Prairie Gun Club, I'll definitely have to check it out. I was going to buy a membership at the Winchester Gallery but I am willing to pay more elsewhere just based on the attitude there. Boy do I miss good old Arizona public land.

I went to MMI in Phoenix, and yes the desert was fun to just drive out and shoot.

There's a couple shops E of you in Dallas that stock a lot of reloading supplies. Ray's Hardware and Southwest Ammunition Supply in Mesquite. Also, if you like shooting in the woods, I know of a shooting lease on the Trinity River in Seagoville that is right up your alley. The fee is cheap and it's open 24/7 (gate key access) and you can bring your friends for free.

Edited by ammoman