SpeedBug

House Bill 3681

Looks like the elected officials of TN want to exempt themselves from having to take the handgun safety course everyone else must complete when applying for a TN handgun carry permit.

This would apply to those who have been a member of the Tennessee general assembly within five years prior to applying for such permit.

Its House Bill 3681

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HB3681.pdf

The reason why they do not have to take the course is because they already know how to shoot the bull. I think they should have shoot and take the course. If they had to shoot and I was in the area I would want them to hit what they were aiming at.

This is a silly bill. The TN course is an excellent course to take, even if you do not plan on getting a permit. You learn safety, weapons handling, and more importantly for law abiding people it also teaches the laws of carry and self defense. On top of that you show the ability to actually shoot the weapon safely.

This is a silly bill. The TN course is an excellent course to take, even if you do not plan on getting a permit. You learn safety, weapons handling, and more importantly for law abiding people it also teaches the laws of carry and self defense. On top of that you show the ability to actually shoot the weapon safely.

That all depends on whos giving it. There are a couple of mandatory films but the law says it is supposed to be a 4 hours class and 4 hours range. Many I have seen get there classes out by lunch.