Potbellied Yeti

What do you do at night at camp?

Just curious what are some activities everyone does during the night or after supper before bed. If its read a book what type of book. I wouldn't mind finding a bushcradting book. I planned on bringing a desk of cards but forgot them.

I don't think so Sarge.

Edited by oak1971

Last time it involved bootleg hooch and uploading video of the steaks on the campfire grill.

I like to read or play cards with whomever I'm with.

We have a cabin that we go to a quite a bit when I'm off and not oncall, there is power, but not Cable or TV, no Cell Phones work out there and and (Gasp) no internet.

Most nights, we build a bonfire, read books/Gun Magazines, watch a DVDs on the laptop, listen my Siris/XM Sat Radio boombox, go for walks, swim when warm... etc...

As far as a book list, try

Rogue Warrior series by Richard Marchinko

Brad Thors book series,

JL Bourne's series (new one comin out later this year, can't wait)

Lights Out, a book about want happens in the coming months after the power grid goes down...

Edited by smullen

I thought people sang songs around the campfire.

Any old good book will do. For when there isn't enough campfire for light pick up a headlamp.

Classic Stories and talking about previous trips, plan out the next day. Some Games, Star gazing and pick up a BIG stick to beat the guy next door when he starts playing "Imagine" on his Guitar.

I found a collection of "Michigan Scary Camp Stories" and Classic's Like Hemingway's "Nick Adams Stories" and Michigan legends like Hiawatha and Sleeping Bear. The Kids like those.

Read something by Robert Ruark or Hemingway or Russel Annabel, roast marshmallows, stare mindlessly into the campfire, play guitar, drink beer, drink whiskey, drink Koolade, set booby traps for the raccoons who will raid your campsite as soon as you go to sleep, walk some nearby trail with a big flashlight and do some Bigfoot calls, listen for a response, tell some scary stories -- especially the one about the manic with a razor sharp hook for a hand who lurks in the woods at night and eviscerated some campers RIGHT HERE AT THIS CAMPSITE ABOUT A YEAR AGO!

I usually pass out.

With a sock on your winky.....yeah we know.....

Last time it involved bootleg hooch and uploading video of the steaks on the campfire grill.

Ray :laugh:

Ray :laugh:

Bingo!

I thought it was like Blazing Saddles around campfires?

If I'm backpacking, sleep. Car camping, cards.