Sign in to follow this  
beeroy

1006 at last!

I recently reaquired the 10MM bug and started looking around for a candidate. I had wanted a 1006 since it originally came out but for whatever reason didn't snag one while they were in production. Casting about on the used gun market I found they were/are as scarce as chicken lips. This week, I scored: a used but not abused 1006 with adjustable sights and two mags. I pick it up next week.

Congratulations on the find... :thumb:

I was able to pick one up a couple of years ago at a gun show. I'm always on the look out for 10's; just got lucky and happened past this guys table. It was $600 and came with (500) rounds of PMC ammo (7 boxes of 170gr JHP, 3 boxes of 200gr TMJ).... :nt:

It has a little holster wear, but runs great and is built like a tank. I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

Sling

beeroy, :welcome: to the forum! Congrats with the S&W1006, very strong and reliable guns for 10mm...You may wish to obtain a Wolff Gun Springs extra power recoil spring to keep your brass closer by adjusting slide velocity. I use the 22 lb spring in mine, but do have the 20 lb and 24 lb this one makes it tougher to rack the slide which can hamper self defensive situations.

Best regards! :thumb:

Congrats! You will enjoy it. The 1006 has become my favorite 10.

Thanks for the advice. I'd heard about upgrading the recoil spring to the 22 pounder, but what was the stock spring rated at?

:unsure: how much $, i paid $650 for mine in 2011?

Thanks for the advice. I'd heard about upgrading the recoil spring to the 22 pounder, but what was the stock spring rated at?

18# according to Wolff.

congrats on the 1006....I picked one up myself two weeks ago as well off gb...Same as yours with the adj sights, accept mine has the idiot scratch on it....kind of ticked when I found that out.

Congratulations on the 10. I bought mine in 1990 and have kept it close at hand ever since. It is my favorite handgun and will NEVER part with it. Enjoy!

Glad to see that you got a 1006 finally. David

Happyguy and beeroy, welcome to 10mmTalk!

Lots of new 10mm guys coming around here!

I always add a new set of grips to any new pistol I buy.