Sign in to follow this  
rzeppy

Reloading in Wisconsin

just checking some price options with shipping to see if its a good alternative. what i have now is .40 s&w. would be looking for 5.56/.223 in the future when frankenstein is done.

TIA

If someone reloads for you, for cash and doesn't have a ffl, it is a felony.

If someone reloads for you, for cash and doesn't have a ffl, it is a felony.

aaaaaalright that takes care of that then

Satch is right, but there are a number of Licensed reloading companies out there you can order from and save some money.

Keep in mind, about the best way to save money on ammunition is to order in bulk and over the internet.

Reloading for your own use is not a felony and can be quite profitable in its own way. You can save some money and actually load ammunition specifically for your gun with a lot tighter specification than factory ammunition which is done in bulk, large quantities.

The real saving in reloading is after you get some brass saved up. The better the ammunition you load, the more you can save. On match grade ammunition, savings can be has high as 50%. Plinker ammunition, there's savings but not as much.

If you take your time and do it right, reloading can net you better ammunition than you can buy. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to reload, but a fair mechanical skill set and an eye for detail is a big help.

We have great reloading forum that can help you get started.

Tj

aaaaaalright that takes care of that then

stinking tyrants have their grubby meathooks into everything :sad:

Whoops. I swear, every week I learn I've done something illegal in the past. I lost respect for law a long time ago. When everything is illegal, and one actually has to go out of their way to do it "legally," it's not worth it.