Sign in to follow this  
SSGN_Doc

Going to be transfering back out West

I was Stationed in Bremerton back in the 1990's and will be stationed out there again. There were two good sized gun ranges when I was out there before, Poulsbo Sportsmans Club, and Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club. Any new ranges? What gun shops are around? Anybody here who lives out that way to meet up with at the range?

My in-laws live further south, near Centrailia. And I know of a couple spots in the woods where I used to hunt and shoot as well as a couple of fishing spots.

Looking forward to getting back to cooler air, and mountains again. The swamp has been fun in it's own way , but the bugs, the heat and humidity, along with the multiple breeds of venomous snakes get kind of old after a while. I will miss Southern manners and warm greetings, as well as sweet tea, and barbeque, and probably mostly the total acceptance of guns and hunting as the norm.

I don't get out to the pen that much, mostly just to go camp or fish. Outside of Seattle you'll find most people are still pretty gun friendly. Are you going to be on the north coast by Port Angeles or further south towards Bremerton?

I don't get out to the pen that much, mostly just to go camp or fish. Outside of Seattle you'll find most people are still pretty gun friendly. Are you going to be on the north coast by Port Angeles or further south towards Bremerton?

South, towards Bremerton, Kitsap peninsula area. I'll be working at the Naval Hospital.

It's not that there aren't gun fans in Washington. But in Georgia, there is a definite gun culture that is still strong. Open carry is allowed, and folks don't view a gun in a gun rack as odd, or folks in the Waffle House still in full camo from the morning hunt. Try going to the barber shop with a Glock on your hip in plain sight and see if the police don't show up.

Here, the police chief has sat in the barber chair next to me and we talked holsters, and carry gun preferences. Though I don't open carry, my friend does, while I prefer concealed carry. But, the chief had seen us in one of the local gun shops, where we had talked a bit and wanted to continue the conversation.

It's just a different level of gun friendly.

Edited by SSGN_Doc

I've only been to the gig harbor gun club down south. They seemed good enough for a semi-private range. I'd say we need to take you out when Vic gets back into port.

I've only been to the gig harbor gun club down south. They seemed good enough for a semi-private range. I'd say we need to take you out when Vic gets back into port.

I won't be out there and settled until September/ October time frame, but would be happy to meet up with you and Vic for some shooting time. Speaking of Gig Harbor, I understand the bridge accross the Narrows is new and that it's a toll bridge.

I won't be out there and settled until September/ October time frame, but would be happy to meet up with you and Vic for some shooting time. Speaking of Gig Harbor, I understand the bridge accross the Narrows is new and that it's a toll bridge.

It is but only going into Tacoma from the pen. It's friggin MASSIVE