So I'm finally ready to start amassing the parts to build my custom single-stack Caspian. I want to order my barrel this week and I've narrowed it down to either Kart or Schuemann. I like the Kart because I've heard great things about it as far as accuracy is concerned and I feel more comfortable with the fact that it is not made from stainless. It is also less expensive at $200. The Schuemann also gets rave reviews in the accuracy department. The gain-twist rifling should theoretically help to keep pressures in line. The cons are lower reported velocities, higher price ($250), and I have read that stainless steel can have flaws in it, caused by the sulpher content, that can cause catastrophic failure inadvertently. Even Schuemann recognizes this and states it on their site. They do go to great lengths (non-destructive inspection) however to ensure that the structural integrity of their barrels is sound before the leave the factory. I'm just not sure if I would gain anything by going with Schuemann over Kart. Can anyone point out anything I might be missing in consideration of these two barrels?

Both are great barrels. For my money I would probably go with the Kart barrel cause I am a cheapskate.

I used a Schuemann barrel in my 10mm officers build and I am very happy with it, very accurate and is holding up great. I am going to use another one on my next build.

Kart.

I don't have a 10mm, but with any firearm, and especially with some of the hot loads used in the 10mm, I would go for the bbl that is more structurally sound.

Safety first, plus by all accounts the Kart is very accurate. Win-win.