GUNNER63755

CCW in Mo. ?????????

Hi all. New to this forum and Missouri. My wifey of 43 years and I moved here from Georgia a few months ago. I had my carry permit in Georgia and also Tn. before that. What do I have to do to get the Missouri permit? Do I have to go through classes again? My local Sheriffs Dept. wasn't very helpful when I got my new drivers license. Asked one of the female deputys and she said Missouri honors Georgia permits, so just use that unless I wanted to take the classes again.. That may be, but it doesn't make since to have a Missouri drivers license and a Georgia Carry Permit. Appreciate your help.

Edited by GUNNER63755

Hi all. New to this forum and Missouri. My wifey of 43 years and I moved here from Georgia a few months ago. I had my carry permit in Georgia and also Tn. before that. What do I have to do to get the Missouri permit? Do I have to go through classes again? My local Sheriffs Dept. wasn't very helpful when I got my new drivers license. Asked one of the female deputys and she said Missouri honors Georgia permits, so just use that unless I wanted to take the classes again.. That may be, but it doesn't make since to have a Missouri drivers license and a Georgia Carry Permit. Appreciate your help.

Welcome to Mo... What areas are you living in?

I would get a MO CCW, since you are now a MO resident.... Not sure how it works elsewhere, but it seems real easy here to me...

I took the class (and enjoyed it) took my paperwork to St. Louis County in Clayton, filled out a form and got printed (think I payed like 70 bucks there), then got a leter like the following week saying I was approved and needed to go pick up my paperwork, then went right from there to the DMV and got my CCW endorsement put on a Missouri ID to keep separate from my DL. (I think that part was 7 bucks).

The place where I tool mine was a guy named Greg Pugh or something like that, he has a page at www.stlccw.com I have since refered like 6 people to him and all came back really happy... There are a million fly by night guys, so watch out on who you use... Two of my friends went and took a ccw course and came back bragin that they were done in under 4 hours, which I do not think anyone could cover all the info and shooting time in 4 hours...

Welcome to Mo... What areas are you living in?

I would get a MO CCW, since you are now a MO resident.... Not sure how it works elsewhere, but it seems real easy here to me...

I took the class (and enjoyed it) took my paperwork to St. Louis County in Clayton, filled out a form and got printed (think I payed like 70 bucks there), then got a leter like the following week saying I was approved and needed to go pick up my paperwork, then went right from there to the DMV and got my CCW endorsement put on a Missouri ID to keep separate from my DL. (I think that part was 7 bucks).

The place where I tool mine was a guy named Greg Pugh or something like that, he has a page at www.stlccw.com I have since refered like 6 people to him and all came back really happy... There are a million fly by night guys, so watch out on who you use... Two of my friends went and took a ccw course and came back bragin that they were done in under 4 hours, which I do not think anyone could cover all the info and shooting time in 4 hours...

Thanks for the info. man. Looking forward to getting my feet wet in the firearm community here in Missouri. Just located an indoor range in Sikeston, which is about 45 minutes from me in Jackson. My brother in law and I are going over to try it out next week. Pistol and pistol caliber carbines only. I am wanting to get a JR 9mm carbine to partner with my Glock. I realize it is not a real AR-15, but that sure sounds like a great home defense combo. It usses the same mags as my Glock. Gunner

Thanks for the info. man. Looking forward to getting my feet wet in the firearm community here in Missouri. Just located an indoor range in Sikeston, which is about 45 minutes from me in Jackson. My brother in law and I are going over to try it out next week. Pistol and pistol caliber carbines only. I am wanting to get a JR 9mm carbine to partner with my Glock. I realize it is not a real AR-15, but that sure sounds like a great home defense combo. It usses the same mags as my Glock. Gunner

Pistol Caliber Carbines/rifles can be fun... I recent;y traded a old Mossberg 500 12ga for a Beretta 9mm CX Storm, I put a Red Dot on it and its a fricken blast to shoot... I normally don't get to shoot it much as one of my friends always has it...