Sign in to follow this  
jem375

snow

Anyone have any idea when we are going to get measurable snow fall? Mnblaster said that snowmobile sales are down 38% so far this year.

Anyone have any idea when we are going to get measurable snow fall? Mnblaster said that snowmobile sales are down 38% so far this year.

If we have measurable snowfall here, then I will eat a bug.

If we have measurable snowfall here, then I will eat a bug.
well, you never know, it seems like most of the bad weather has been in the South the last couple of years. Our winters were mild the last couple of years and we keep looking for the haymaker that is coming one of these days or at least I hope pretty soon. Nothing like a foot or so of snow shoveling to get the blood going... :) Edited by jem375

Every day like today (low-mid 30's and dry) is a bonus day.

Has me wondering when the hammer's going to fall.

I think Mother Nature is trying to lull us into thinking nothing is coming. :)

I think you're right, but she's going to have to try harder than that to lull me into complacency.

Hey, 2-4" coming maybe in the next couple of days.......

Damn.

Yea - I heard about that last night. Glad it's not here yet. After today, I'm off till next Wednesday - hopefully it will hold off till after I'm home. Commuting > 30 miles through downtown during rush hour is no fun around here in the best of times. When it snows ... ish.

Damn.

Yea - I heard about that last night. Glad it's not here yet. After today, I'm off till next Wednesday - hopefully it will hold off till after I'm home. Commuting > 30 miles through downtown during rush hour is no fun around here in the best of times. When it snows ... ish.

Something has to be done with the traffic problem in the Twin Cities, it is getting really hard to get around in rush hour and especially with all the construction that is always going on. I usually try to avoid going anywhere during rush hours unless I absolutely have to....

... I usually try to avoid going anywhere during rush hours unless I absolutely have to....

Best plan of attack if you can manage it. I can't. I work north of the cities, and live to the south. :sad:

for crying out loud, hardly any snow at all..........I think just about anyone can be a weatherman....50% chance of snow, rain, clouds, sun, and etc.....billion dollar dopler radar sucks, might just as well use "The Farmers Almanac", probably just as accurate....

for crying out loud, hardly any snow at all..........I think just about anyone can be a weatherman....50% chance of snow, rain, clouds, sun, and etc.....billion dollar dopler radar sucks, might just as well use "The Farmers Almanac", probably just as accurate....

I'm pretty sure the weatherman I listened to the other day just checked on his way to work that morning to see if the cows were standing on top of, or at the bottom of the hill.

I rely on "eye witness weather" these days, if I don't witness it I don't believe it, they can't even get the report right in the summer.

There is real winter going on up north, I drove my pickup 5 miles out onto Lake of the Woods 2 weeks ago ice fishing.

Edited by mnblaster

I think I will wait about a month before driving out on Lake of the Woods until the ice is about 3 feet thick..lol

I finally got to use my snow blower today, about damn time...It's unMinnesota not to have snow on the ground this time of the year...only a couple of inches but better than nothing, wish Denver would send us some snow they have too much there.........