Sign in to follow this  
Sgtar15

2 K9 dogs left in car end up dead

link

A cop gets distracted and forgets about his 2 dogs in his car, they die from the heat. I read the article and it seams he was a good cop that just made a very bad mistake.

I don't know how I feel about this, and it has nothing with jim being a cop. I just don't get how anyone can forget about their dogs or kids in a hot car. Just how the hell does that happen?

I dont think the guy should be fired or anything, but maybe a short refresher course on dog handling might be in order imho.

RIP little'doggies.

i hate people who neglect dogs.

I'll go away now

:realmad: negligence, what was he thinking? we have had several events with babies around here.

Fire him. Depending upon the circumstances, prosecute him.

In the words of Killer308 (sorry Killer, its the first thing that came to mind) WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT???? OVER FLIPPIN NIGHT? That is inexcusable. I am flat out disgusted by this. 13 years as a K9 officer and he just leaves em in the car? No. There should be no administrative leave, it should be immediate @ss nailed to the wall.

Fôr just one fuzz up?

Fôr just one fuzz up?

Well, dont fire him. Put him in a car for as long as the dogs were in there. Like i said above, thats absolutely inexcuseable. Especially since hes been a K9 officer for 13 years.

Fôr just one fuzz up?

those dogs are sorta like little retarded cops.

You kill a K9 here and it's deep shat for you.

I saw a dog in Illinois that was killed on duty get a funeral with a whole assload of cops there.

I see a dog in a car on a hot day with no water and I call the popo. It's a crime everywhere civilized.

those dogs are sorta like little retarded cops.

You kill a K9 here and it's deep shat for you.

Same here. If he just flatout forget then I agree he should lose his job as it shows lack of responsibility. But that probably won't happen. I have a standing rule, if I ever see a dog or child in a locked car on a hot summer day, I will break out the window and deal with the cinsiquences later.

Ironically, the officer, Jeff Gore, created the K-9 unit 11-years ago. He raised Liberty from a pup. A bloodhound, she was used for search and rescue, which is why she was kenneled. The other dog, Ceiko, is a drug sniffing German Shepherd, and goes home with its handler because they get called out at all hours.

Chief Busken says we all suffer from a busy lifestyle and things competing for our attention. “Whether we’re shuttling kids here or there, whether we’re shuttling animals here or there, we get busy and inadvertently things happen. And there’s times when you have a tragedy like we have here.”

I personally think Cheif Buskin should join him in the hot car.

Wait a minute! WHAT? We actually agree on something! I have called the police more than once for dogs being in a car in the summer time. It doesn't take long in those kind of temperatures to cause severe damge or death.

A cop committed a crime, if the culpable mental state was there. If not, he still shows a distinct lack of judgment, and attention to detail that is absolutely essential in police work. Leaving dogs in a vehicle overnight is completely over the top. It doesn't require an intentional act to ruin a career.

I don't care it if was inadvertent. Whatever his excuse is, think about this. If this were two kids that were left in the car that died, he's fuzzed 10x over! I understand that the details in the story were very much lacking "pending investigation", but anything short of he was pinned down by gunfire over night is not going to cut it. He was negligent, period.

Wait a minute! WHAT? We actually agree on something! I have called the police more than once for dogs being in a car in the summer time. It doesn't take long in those kind of temperatures to cause severe damge or death.

I will always call out corruption and criminal cops. In this case, I'm sure the guy feels terrible. I'm sure he didn't mean to make the dogs suffer. But in the end, barring some exceptional circumstances, he screwed up royally, and deserves to get a solid hit for it. If that's losing his job, fine. If the circumstances behind it dictate he be prosecuted, fine.

When someone screws up, they need to own it, cop or not.

I don't understand why the car was not running with the AC on.

K9s get left in the car ALL the time, with the AC or heat (in winter) ON.