GreenTie

cheap but good AR-15

im new to the firearm industry and ive been looking for a good AR-15 to buy and i've been looking for awhile for a good firearms company and found that Windham, and Stag make good rifles for a decent price. i'll probably make it a free float barrel, and either put some magpul iron sights on it or some basic iron sights, and maybe a red dot but im not quite sure. but any help on either Windham or Stag is better for the price or any other company thats good for the price.

:welcome: to the Armory

DPMS is another good and affordable company, also RRA.

Maybe he can get a scotto custom stock with a new DPMS

:thumb:

DPMS makes good stuff. All the local LEO here use them.

My LGS sells DPMS & Stag for good prices and they will take care of any problem that you have.

what would be the best one from DPMS to get that pretty much the basic rifle, or the best 3 to get from DPMS less then $1,00. because they have alot on their website and im new to this stuff, i need all the help i can get so i dont jack up on the one to get :wink:

DPMS

Stag

Delton

Smith and Wesson

Palmetto State Armory

RRA

These can all be had for around 1,000 or less, and all are solid ARs.

Check out Double Star, Buds Guns carry them. Very Nice rifle for the money!! I am very pleased with the one i got. Last time i checked it was 669.

As I understand it Stag makes Smith&Wesson AR`s.. Smith has a S&W Sport that sells for less than $700 and has had many good reports....It is missing a dust cover and a forward assist..Two things that the original AR`s didn`t have and many don`t think are a must have...

RRA is another nice gun that has a good reputation with guns under $1000

Another issue is very few mfg`s make all the parts in their guns... many parts in the AR`s today are made by large forgers and sold to many assemblers...so many AR`s have literally the same parts in them with different names on them...That said I`d stick with the name brand Mfg`s mentioned and stay with the entry level gun and you can make some mods to it that you like...

It`s my belief that the high end guns [ guns in the $2000+ area| are for people that have money to burn or they are people that their lives depend on their gun...if you are using a AR for punching paper...plinking and home defence...the guns under $1000 work just fine....Just my 0.02 Good luck Jim

Check out Double Star, Buds Guns carry them. Very Nice rifle for the money!! I am very pleased with the one i got. Last time i checked it was 669.

PSA has their patrol rifle package for 1200. Not bad when you consider it comes with a $400 Aimpoint.

Those are nice ars that were listed, i personally own mostly lmt rifles/parts, but i would check those out and also call up addax, they will treat you right.

I know JTain is selling a really nice PSA AR.. I just purchased a Stag AR15 tonight... I was looking at the M&P, the Colt, Jtrain's PSA and the Stag... I ended up spending $1240.00 on my Stag but I also add the Nikon P-223 precision optic and a few other goodish...

I really like Del-ton and Spikes for low cost options.

MP/HPT bolt

staked correctly

H buffer

middy options

Full auto carrier

both can be had for under $900

For $1000-1100, you can get a Colt 6920 or 6720 (Lightweight version) online. A relatively cheap but top quality AR.

thanks for all the options for an AR, this ig going to take forever to find one i like! haha, but if it isnt too much, if you say a specific rifle name or company could you post the link to it? if it wont be too much.

thanks for all the options for an AR, this ig going to take forever to find one i like! haha, but if it isnt too much, if you say a specific rifle name or company could you post the link to it? if it wont be too much.

I bought a DPMS Oracle in 5.56 around Xmas for $599 from Centerfire Systems and am very happy with it.