rush2112

Newbie in De

OK. After the wife and I both had the idea of finally getting a firearm in the house. I did about a month of research and drum role please.... A Colt LE9620 FDE. Now I know this is the internet and bring on the bad blood. But it just seems in all my research it always did well, solid. Left a show in PA this weekend with it, just the rifle and a cleaning kit. I am a jet mechanic so i will study up. I want to really know it before I fire it. For those that like to help, i will be asking alot of dumb qu.stions. Home security and a weekend hobby

Welcome to the Armory! Nice gun. We love questions and we also love pictures.

OK. After the wife and I both had the idea of finally getting a firearm in the house. I did about a month of research and drum role please.... A Colt LE9620 FDE. Now I know this is the internet and bring on the bad blood. But it just seems in all my research it always did well, solid. Left a show in PA this weekend with it, just the rifle and a cleaning kit. I am a jet mechanic so i will study up. I want to really know it before I fire it. For those that like to help, i will be asking alot of dumb qu.stions. Home security and a weekend hobby

:yesss: You pulled the trigger and contracted the BRD! :casey: :welcome: :beerchug: to The Armory. The Colt LE 6920 you purchased is well respected in this community. You did good. Congratulations.

What bad blood? Colt is definitely top tier. Congrats and have fun. :welcome: to the Armory.

:welcome: to the Armory and where are the pics?

Welcome!

Come on in and make yourself at home!

Welcome to the Armory

No bad blood here. The Colt is a top quality rifle, and the originator of the M4, of which your rifle is the civilian street-legal (non-full auto, legal barrel length,) version. At the price Colts have been selling for recently, it's an easy choice. I have one for every member of my household.

:welcome:

The Colt is an awesome gun! It will serve you well as a base gun. Get a bunch of ammo, shoot it lots! The good thing about ARs is that if there is something that you feel is just not right, there are TONS of aftermarket accessories, parts, etc available to help make it just right for you. Many here are in a constant "battle" for that, or they just like tinkering. Nothing wrong with that, just part of having the black rifle disease.

Feel free to ask lots of questions. Plenty of helpful and knowledgeable people here. :thumb:

:welcome: aboard

Congrats on your new AR15.

I don't know why there'd be "bad blood" if you bought a goofy AR... its your money.

One of mine is a Colt, too.

You might want to get a boat-load of ammo before things get weird, prices are up some now.

Maybe someone on this site knows how many cases of ammo is enough. I'm waiting to hear.

Regarding "Home Defense" in DE, remember, DE has no "Castle Doctrine", "Firearms Lawsuit Pre-emption", or "Emergency Powers Protection"... so you are in the 'better judged by 12, than carried by 6' predicament + sued by the criminal if he lives, or his relatives if he doesn't.

Hope you can get those unconstitutional laws reversed.

Welcome! Sounds like you got yourself a nice rifle for a first one. Being a jet mechanic, I think you'll love the ability to tinker wit this gun.

I like tinkering with mine almost as much as shooting it.

Winkel

COLTS ARE GARBAAAAAGE!!!! :ROFLLMAO: Just kidding!! :thumb: welcome aboard

Maybe someone on this site knows how many cases of ammo is enough. I'm waiting to hear.

Regarding "Home Defense" in DE, remember, DE has no "Castle Doctrine", "Firearms Lawsuit Pre-emption", or "Emergency Powers Protection"... so you are in the 'better judged by 12, than carried by 6' predicament + sued by the criminal if he lives, or his relatives if he doesn't.

Hope you can get those unconstitutional laws reversed.

You have enough cases when you have no more $$ to spend. Hope that helps. :wink:

To the OP,

Great choice, and welcome to the forums! :thumb: