sneak

I have a crazy question for you fellas...

I have been challenged to a dirt, dunk, and a submerged firing test. I have concerns about firing it submerged as I do not want do destroy my pistol.

I have taken it down for cleaning to having everything but the sights and ejector?(the stainless bitt inset on the right side of the slide that retains the brass when the slide is cycled)

I am asking others out of my own ignorance on the subject.

What are your(10mm talks) opinions/experiences?

If you don't want your pistol destroyed, then don't dirt, dunk and submerge it. Those activities fall into the category of things you do only if the monetary loss is inconsequential to you.

I am NOT saying the pistol would not most likely survive just fine. But if you aren't rich enough to not care, then don't get drawn into the test.

I have been challenged to a dirt, dunk, and a submerged firing test. I have concerns about firing it submerged as I do not want do destroy my pistol.

I have taken it down for cleaning to having everything but the sights and ejector?(the stainless bitt inset on the right side of the slide that retains the brass when the slide is cycled)

I am asking others out of my own ignorance on the subject.

What are your(10mm talks) opinions/experiences?

I would not do it, but I am not you and it is not my gun. Anytime you put a weapon under those conditions and fire it, you significantly increase the chance of catastrophic failure and/or injury. That being said, if you don't live too far from me, I like to watch from a safe distance. :ohmy:

Thank you both for your opinions and suggestions. I will hold off until I have a good back up gun that has proven to me it's reliability. I will then proceed with the ridiculous test and be certain to get a good quality video of it that I will throw a link to in here.

Just my opinion but I love my guns too much to intentionally do things that might potentially destroy them. I understand when the gun magazines or police agencies torture test firearms to see what they can handle but when they destroy a test gun it's not a big deal. If your talking about doing the torture test on a 1076 remember they don't make them anymore if it's the Glock I know the first generation is out of production but they still make those. But if you do it good luck.

Don't be a wuss - do it! *grin*