Sign in to follow this  
dj454

Missed opportunity

Hey guys I'm just venting but I think you guys as fellow 10mm enthusiasts will understand. I have wanted a 610 for a very long time now. To be honest I'm a little greedy I want 3 or 4 but I'll start with one. I want the 5 imch version the most as it is the best balance and just looks the best in my opinion. I would also like to have a 4(I knkw 3 7/8 really) and a 6 or 6.5 dash no dash I don't care I just want one. I knew the 5 inch would probably never happen because they are rare and sell for more than I want to pay. A friend from work got his FFL's this year and started a home based business. I told him to keep his eye out for a 610 any length but especially a good deal on a 5 inch would be great. In the meantime I was getting my roof replaced on my house and I needed gutters also. He sends me an email with a pic of a pristine and appeared to be new in the box with all paperwork and it looked to be unfired a 5 inch 610 with the wood grips. The timing couldn't have been worse. He picked up the gun and let me have first shot at it. He had 1200 in it and was going to sell it to me for that. It's more than I wanted to pay but first run 5 inch unfired 610's don't come around everyday. Part of my dilema is this if I could have bought it there is no way I could not shoot it and I wouldn't care about the value because I would never sell it. I was miserable the roof was already started and had to be done but I even considered postponing the guyters to buy it. The gutters were the same price. I knew I had to be responsible but I didn't want to. I also have a 1086 that I picked up cheap from a local pawn shop. It looks almost new and I have the box and paperwork with it. I picked it up for 475. I knew it would bring 700 or more on Gunbroker and I got as far as taking pictures of it and my girlfriend said I know you want the other gun but you don't want to sell that one I can tell you don't and you kniw you will be sorry. She was right so I kept my 1086 and let the 610 go. He ended up selling it for 1500 si it was better for him as well because even though I would have given him something for his trouble he made a lot more. So another 610 slipped through my fingers. The last one was a 6.5 but I could have had it for 650 but I slept on it and went in at lunch and it was gone. That was 2 years ago at my favirite pawnshop/gunstore and he kniws to call me the second one comes in his door but none have. I wish Smith would make one more run and I would not hesitate to order one.

I hear what you're saying and wish you luck finding the one/ones you want... :unsure:

Yes, the S&W 610 pistols are nice but here is my take on them...I will not accept any S&W with the stupid internal lock. I'd love to see the 610 with the wonderfully smooth/crisp, beautiful wide target hammer and triggers like those of the model 29's and model 19's with the beautiful target wood grips. Seeing how I would probably use it for hunting, I'd like to see it with an 8 3/8" or 10" barrel to harness the full ballistic potential as well. :thumb:

Still looking for the next "NEW 10mm" be it the 610, M&P, XD, SIG, Ruger or Taurus, who knows... :sad:

I hear what you're saying and wish you luck finding the one/ones you want... :unsure:

Yes, the S&W 610 pistols are nice but here is my take on them...I will not accept any S&W with the stupid internal lock. I'd love to see the 610 with the wonderfully smooth/crisp, beautiful wide target hammer and triggers like those of the model 29's and model 19's with the beautiful target wood grips. Seeing how I would probably use it for hunting, I'd like to see it with an 8 3/8" or 10" barrel to harness the full ballistic potential as well. :thumb:

Still looking for the next "NEW 10mm" be it the 610, M&P, XD, SIG, Ruger or Taurus, who knows... :sad:

I prefer to have one without a lock but I can live with it. I'm ready for some new 10mm's also the only thing that has came out in the past few years has been out of my price range. I'd love to have an M&P in 10mm. Of course I'd love to have some of the high dollar 10mm's too.