Ag11

Mega Arms Side Charging Receiver/Troy Handguard Issue

The way I see it it's either cut off the nub that keeps everything lined up, or cut a notch in the receiver. What do you think, Interwebs?

It would seem that this receiver is designed for a delta ring and two piece handguard. For a reference as to what it's supposed to look like, look at how the black handguard fits on a normal receiver.

IMG_34601.jpg

IMG_34611.jpg

Could you have the upper receiver machine to accept the hand guard or machine the nub off?

Could you have the upper receiver machine to accept the hand guard or machine the nub off?

I don't think I can remove the nub because I think it keeps the barrel nut from backing off but I'm hesitant to alter the upper receiver like that.

Billet upper? I have the same handguard on one of mine with a forged upper and have no issues with the nub. Smarter people than me will be along shortly.

I'd just call Mega, I'm sure they've seen this before and will advise the best option

I don't think I can remove the nub because I think it keeps the barrel nut from backing off but I'm hesitant to alter the upper receiver like that.

Wait a minute! WHAT? I don't think that nub has anything to do with keeping the barrel nut tight.

That is an alignment and anti rotation nub, take it off and have the upper notched.