Sign in to follow this  
Ready22

Gen 2 SS Rail

MI 15" Gen 2 SS Free Float Rail on Stag Model 3! Awesome rail!

IMG_4134.jpg

Am going to be adding a flashlight and bipod soon!

MI 15" Gen 2 SS Free Float Rail on Stag Model 3! Awesome rail!

IMG_4134.jpg

Am going to be adding a flashlight and bipod soon!

Nice weapon... Do you like having that full handguard on your weapon as compared to a mid length or carbine handguard??

Nice weapon... Do you like having that full handguard on your weapon as compared to a mid length or carbine handguard??

Very much so! I put the vertical grip on when I still had my carbine length handguard on there:

IMG_4112.jpg

And I just could not get a good balance point. When I added this handguard I found a good one! Also, the longer handguard lets me hold the handguard itself, instead of the vertical grip, for better longer shot balance.

I also didn't like the fact that the previous drop-in handguard wiggled... that just didn't feel right to me. There is no play at all in this MI handguard.

We'll see how it works when I start to add a bipod and other stuff to it, but I'm sure it will still work great!

I chose the Gen 2 SS series instead of the quad railed series because I have smaller hands and the incredibly small diameter of the tube fits my hand amazingly.

I got a Daniel Defense .750 Low-Pro gas block, and it fits under there very nicely. It is a bit tight, but it doesn't touch at all. I wanted a clamp-on type block and the DD fit the bill and was highly thought of. So I'm glad I took the gamble and got it.

Edited by Ready22