SSGN_Doc

Finally settling in

Alright folks,

I've got computer access in the home again. Any of my recent posts have been done from my phone in the last month. So, I should be back to being a more productive member here again.

I'm finally getting settled in Washington. Found a house to rent because my house in Georgia still hasn't sold so, things are pretty tight between rent and a mortgage and the loss of my special sea pays. My wife has taken two part time jobs until she can get into a full time position somewhere. We are on eh wesern side of Bremerton near Seabeck. There is an outdoor range that isabout 5 miles from the house, but right now the budget isn't going to allow a lot of shooting.

I'm taking over at the Naval Hospital Bremerton, Patient Administration Department as their Leading Cheif Petty Officer. It gives me a lot less direct patient care but more opportunities to lead. It's a big change from being a one man department on a submarine to now having 16 junior enlisted, two officers, and 17 civilian workers in my department. My areas include Fleet Liason, Patient Admisssions and Transfers, Limited Duty coordination, Casualty Affairs Coordinator, Decedent Affairs, Burial and Remains coordinator, Overseas Screening, and Patient Records. Not sure what I was thinking. I think being the decedent affairs and burial coordinator is going to be one of the highlights, oddly enough. It is that one area that is truely sobering and humbling as I have responsibility for ensuring the dignity and continuity of the chain in getting our fallen to their final resting place. We have already arranged 5 burials at sea for deceased retired veterans in the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back on here in a more normal capacity.

Good to have you back Doc! I was heading to Port Angeles a week or so ago and saw a few areas that look promising to shoot at. They are on State route 104 at the Wahl Lake turnoff. Huge clearcuts and it appears to be pavement all the way to most areas that would be safe to shoot at. As for it being legal shooting area, well that's something else entirely. It would be a nice drive anyway..... :unsure:

Good to have you back Doc! I was heading to Port Angeles a week or so ago and saw a few areas that look promising to shoot at. They are on State route 104 at the Wahl Lake turnoff. Huge clearcuts and it appears to be pavement all the way to most areas that would be safe to shoot at. As for it being legal shooting area, well that's something else entirely. It would be a nice drive anyway..... :unsure:

Yes, one of the guys I work with said that a lot of folks shoot out by Tarboo lake which is off of 104.

Also, I already got intel on the coffee place you PM'd me about. One of teh guys in Georgia had stopped there when he was out here for training. Pointed it out to my wife when we drove by and told her we would avoid that one.

Good to hear that you're settling in Doc! Hopefully your house in GA sells for a good price soon.

Bremerton is a nice place! We used to golf out that way on occasion and had to make a pretty decent drive from Seattle to do so. I also used to take friends visiting from out of town on the ferries between Seattle and Bremerton or Bainbridge. Very scenic views of downtown Seattle.

Are you an E-7? E-8?

I found it interesting how even some of the officers would kiss arse of say an E-8 at times.

Good to hear that you're settling in Doc! Hopefully your house in GA sells for a good price soon.

Bremerton is a nice place! We used to golf out that way on occasion and had to make a pretty decent drive from Seattle to do so. I also used to take friends visiting from out of town on the ferries between Seattle and Bremerton or Bainbridge. Very scenic views of downtown Seattle.

Are you an E-7? E-8?

I found it interesting how even some of the officers would kiss arse of say an E-8 at times.

E-7. We train Junior officers. Even though they have degrees they just don't have experience. So, we try to compliment each other as far as leadership goes.

Great news, good to have you back!

Good to hear things are going along good. Hope the Georgia house sells for you soon.

Welcome back to the evergreen state!