Sign in to follow this  
Janitor

Gun show next weekend (13th-14th)

Anyone here going to the gun show in St Paul next weekend?

I wonder if DE & DPMS are going to be there.

Don't forgety that is SHOT show weekend, so in my experience gun shows that weekend will be a little thin.

Don't forgety that is SHOT show weekend, so in my experience gun shows that weekend will be a little thin.

Aaack!

I did forget. *sigh*

I'll bet that answers my question on DPMS & probably DE too. Oh well - thanks for the reminder GM.

I'm planning on going - I need some more mags...and maybe some Guat ammo if I can find a deal on it.

I'll probably wait until the Rochester gun show on the 20th and 21st...the crocodile shows are usually not very good.

Edited by jem375

Probably more chance of the vendors I'm insterested in whill show up at Rochester, given the Shot show going on this weekend.

But maybe I should meet Fat 46 up at the St Paul show anyway, just for sumpin to do.

Hmmmm.

Edited by Janitor

Well ... I just wouldn't listen.

Went to the show yesterday. Got there 1/2 hour after they opened and still had to park a couple blocks away.

Very small show. Maybe 100 tables. Out of those, about 10 had anything directly gun related on them. The asking prices on guns we're high. Most tables were filled with military surplus and memorabilia.

Saw an older blue Dan Wesson .357 with a 4" barrel and the barrel wrench for $265. That was a pretty good price and while I don't need yet another .357 I had to check it out anyway. Not sure how it got it that way (not cleaning lead out?) but there was quite a bit of pitting along one section of the bore. And speaking of "how did they do that", it had pronounced end shake. I never thought a wheel gun that locked up at both ends of the cylinder should have an issue like that. So ... $265 was too much. Good. Didn't need it. Besides - it's not a Smith. Would have needed a trigger job straight away anyway.

I picked up 200 rnds of the brass Wolf M193 for $45. That was a pretty good deal. If I knew whether or not I liked it, I would have snagged more.

Found a detent and a spring I needed (do you really have to ask?) but there was only one table that had any of that sort of thing. Just lucky in spotting it.

All in all, not a complete waste of time, but close.

those shows usually just aren't very good, but you can pick up some ammo deals sometime. You think some of these tables would give some decent prices on guns instead of just carrying them around to different gun shows and get rid of them but it just seems not to happen.......