Sign in to follow this  
jem375

unbelievable weather

What the hell is happening to the Minnesota winters I have been used to?.... The lakes have open water on them and at this time of the year that is unrealistic for Minnesota.

I played golf up until late November and that was really unusual for this state....oh well, I still think we are going to get a ton of snow yet, Mother Nature is waiting in the wings to unleash it on us...

Hopefully it will get down to -20 or -30 so I can use the new winter coat I just bought....

What the hell is happening to the Minnesota winters I have been used to?.... The lakes have open water on them and at this time of the year that is unrealistic for Minnesota.

I played golf up until late November and that was really unusual for this state....oh well, I still think we are going to get a ton of snow yet, Mother Nature is waiting in the wings to unleash it on us...

Hopefully it will get down to -20 or -30 so I can use the new winter coat I just bought....

same here in Ohio. we dont get as cold as you guys on a regular basis. This has been a mild winter thus far but Iam afraid that we are going to pay for this nice weather somewhere down the line. Till this week it has been in the 50-60 degree range for daytime highs. today as I type this it is 32....

The way I figure it, the cold weather is only good for freezing the lakes and making snow. I think people are nuts to go around walking on water, frozen or not.

And snow's really only good for following a blood trail.

I'm loving this. Pretty much whatever happens weather wise from here out (with the exception of cold/cool weather through July) we have a short, mild winter. Just about every day up to this point has been a bonus day.

The way I figure it, the cold weather is only good for freezing the lakes and making snow. I think people are nuts to go around walking on water, frozen or not.

And snow's really only good for following a blood trail.

I'm loving this. Pretty much whatever happens weather wise from here out (with the exception of cold/cool weather through July) we have a short, mild winter. Just about every day up to this point has been a bonus day.

Years ago we went up to the Lake of the Woods and the ice was around 42" thick and we had to buy extensions for our ice augers to get down to the water...that hasn't happened for awhile though, most of the time it is around 2 feet or so now.......I'm like you sometimes though, got plenty nervous on some of my ice fishing trips with the ice cracking and splitting.. Edited by jem375

I remember fishing on Millacs one year.

Wind chill was about -100. I went outside around midnight and drilled a hole for a tip-up rig. Checked it around 02:00, and in two hours it had already formed about 10" of ice in the hole.

Brrrrr.

It's amazing how fast ice can form when there is no snow cover on the lakes, or just gets bitterly cold..

I remember fishing on Millacs one year.

Wind chill was about -100. I went outside around midnight and drilled a hole for a tip-up rig. Checked it around 02:00, and in two hours it had already formed about 10" of ice in the hole.

Brrrrr.

same thing happened on big Winnie to me, actual air temp was -35

*shiver*

It's hell on the tipup rigs too. :)

:) finally getting some Minnesota weather :)

Yuppers. Kinda brisk when I went out and fired up the econobox @ 04:00 this morning.

:)

yep, the weather might keep the gang bangers and drug dealers off the street corners on Dale St. for awhile anyway.... :gun2:

-35? :blink:

That just ain't right. Not a bit.

-35? :blink:

That just ain't right. Not a bit.

Yea -35 is a coldass beotch of a day (or night).

But ... fortunately that was mnblaster telling fishing tales.

I saw it as about -4 around 04:00 this AM. Not even in a league with -35. :)

Edited by Janitor

yep, the weather might keep the gang bangers and drug dealers off the street corners on Dale St. for awhile anyway.... :gun2:

We can only hope man.

There ya go man. 14 below when I left home this morning.

This is getting kinda cold - any of the scumbags standing around on Dale St this morning are probably there for the duration now. :)