Sign in to follow this  
Ready22

Deals, Stores, Etc

Please post known firearm stores, as well as deals you may have found and the like.

The two primary places I go to are Scheels and Cabela's in Omaha.

Scheels

Scheels has some of the best customer service that I've ran into between the two.

Note: I was in Scheels the Wednesday after Christmas, and they told me that with the current frenzy going on, they would be getting their supplies in this order:

1) Rifles

2) Magazines

3) Ammunition

Also, they were taking names and phone numbers for those who were interested in buying PMags. They're selling them for $25 a piece with a limit of 10 per person. Not the cheapest by any means by definitely not $60 on gunbroker.

Just a note for those who don't travel often to a place such as this:

Scheels carries many Magpul accessories. Mostly VFG's, Pistol Grips, etc. They have a few stocks now and then, but most of what I have seen are for a commercial receiver extension.

They also carry a ton of UTG craptastic accessories.

Before the frenzy they used to stock DPMS spring replacement kits, as well as a few lower parts kits.

They also have a good selection of Surefire flashlights, as well as some Streamlights.

On that Wednesday I went, I found FOUR boxes of PMC X-Tac M193, and those were the last four boxes they had. Two were high on a shelf in the back, and two were in the pistol ammo. Very luck to find them. Haven't been there lately to see if they have more hiding somewhere. A buddy of mine was there a week later and he said they had ~1000rds of Hornady 55gr ammunition there. Not sure if it was their steel cased training stuff or what it was but there was something there.

Their ammunition prices have not gone up as far as I know (for now).

As far as rifles, Scheels carried DPMS, Rock River Arms and Black Rain Ordnance. Their prices for rifles were definitely more expensive than they should be. Especially with their DPMS line. Rifles were running $100-$200 over what was available online at the time. Especially on the ones with the cheapy red dot on them.

Cabela's

I don't go here as often because it's farther away. However my experiences with them have been decent too.

Last time I was there before the frenzy they carried a myriad of ammunition. Federal, Remington, AE, Ultramax, etc.

I won't go into detail as to what they have now, because I really don't know, but they probably don't have squat.

As far as accessories they carried many Magpul accessories as well. I was never able to find anything there in regards to spare parts like LPK's. They DO (or did) carry Troy accessories. They had a carbine length quad rail of some sort, as well as rail covers and parts like that.

As far as rifles, Cabela's carried DPMS, Windham, Sig, etc. They had a pretty good selection when rifles were easily available. Their prices for such rifles were actually pretty decent back when.

Disclaimer

While I realize some of this information is not relevant at the moment due to the frenzy, I hope it gives a well rounded idea as to what each place has/had for those who plan on going there in the future.

With the way things are now, I sure would not go out of my way to go to one of these places and try to find ammunition or magazines or especially rifles.

Scheels ALWAYS has a packed parking lot, and when you go upstairs to the firearms there are quite a few people in every section, ammunition, reloading you name it, there's quite a few people there.

Edited by Ready22

**CABELA'S IN OMAHA**

Cabela's has a TON of 5.56 in stock. They had ~800 rounds or so of Independence 5.56 in 20rd boxes for $9.99/ea, with a limit of 10 boxes per person, per day. The limit goes for all ammunition (not sure about shotgun shells, but I doubt it).

They also had upwards of 3k of American Eagle 50gr Varmint rounds as well. Those were $14.99/ea. I didn't get any of those, but that's also an option for those who NEED it.

**CABELA'S IN OMAHA**

Cabela's has a TON of 5.56 in stock. They had ~800 rounds or so of Independence 5.56 in 20rd boxes for $9.99/ea, with a limit of 10 boxes per person, per day. The limit goes for all ammunition (not sure about shotgun shells, but I doubt it).

They also had upwards of 3k of American Eagle 50gr Varmint rounds as well. Those were $14.99/ea. I didn't get any of those, but that's also an option for those who NEED it.

The Independence was long gone when I got there this morning, but picked up a few boxes of the AE...thanks for the tip.

The Independence was long gone when I got there this morning, but picked up a few boxes of the AE...thanks for the tip.

I gotcha, that sucks! They probably still had tons of that AE stuff left? Expensive... don't know why they order it in. Better than nothing I guess!

Things are slowly returning to normal up here. Ammo is returning to the shelves at Scheel's and Walmart. Accessories are still fairly scarce tho.....

Things are slowly returning to normal up here. Ammo is returning to the shelves at Scheel's and Walmart. Accessories are still fairly scarce tho.....

We never have any good accessories down here except UTG and CAA crap.

Scheels was finally starting to get some Midwest Industries stuff before the scare happened.

**CABELA'S IN OMAHA**

Picked up 10 boxes of 5.56 at cabelas, as of 30 minutes ago...back in stock! :salute:

After today's events.....looks like I better do some stocking up.....

After today's events.....looks like I better do some stocking up.....

Definitely. If this stuff subsides... and nothing happens immediately. Stock up as much as you can. I'm going to get into reloading rifle rounds soon. Just got my shotgun shell press.

Definitely. If this stuff subsides... and nothing happens immediately. Stock up as much as you can. I'm going to get into reloading rifle rounds soon. Just got my shotgun shell press.

Yep same here.....reloading will be the way of the future for sure.....

Yep same here.....reloading will be the way of the future for sure.....

Especially if some BS is pulled to stop online ammo ordering.

went to cabelas no ammo :-/ well 223 or 556

Yep. I went there Monday, and then again Tuesday... zippo. There is so little ammunition in general, they have one of those whole shelves stretched out with 7.62.

the guy at cabelas told me if you basically wanna get ammo you have to be there when they open. the truck is unloaded at night and stocked. so its basically a gamble to go every morning unless you got someone who works there and knows when the shipment is coming in

the guy at cabelas told me if you basically wanna get ammo you have to be there when they open. the truck is unloaded at night and stocked. so its basically a gamble to go every morning unless you got someone who works there and knows when the shipment is coming in

Gotcha. See when I was at Scheels and their stuff came in it was ~11am... and I was right by the gun counter too when they were bringing guns and ammo in.