MyCleverSN

AR15 Armormy members/patrons in So Cal

Congregate?

If not, do you know any leads with organizations in so cal?

• Like 1

Just the Bloods, Crips and M5. :-)

Oh, and I believe Killer-Diller is from So-Cal. Myself, I'm a Nor-Cal dude.

Congregate?

There are a few of us here in SoCal and we occasionally meet up. Haven't done so in a while. If you want to find gun groups I would head over to Calguns.net.

Thanks for moving this in the appropriate section.

Well next time you guys meet up, let me know when and where. Finding honest good men is difficult... Maybe it's just my age group IDK. I don't want to just join a gun group, I want to join a group that is down for when SHTF to take a stand and is serious about training. I'm getting out of the national guard and still want to train every month at the least. Calguns.net is good, I'm registered, I just don't go on that forum very often.

I found this on there..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=636605

Looks awesome... I want to attend but school/work has become my life... it's depressing

Nor cal is better then so cal. I'll admit it. But I am not a fan of the word "hella" at all.

I use to go to chico every year for a few weeks and go wild with my old high school friends that went to college there. They graduated last year so now I don't have any where to stay if I go there haha.

Edited by MyCleverSN

Thanks for moving this in the appropriate section.

Well next time you guys meet up, let me know when and where. Finding honest good men is difficult... Maybe it's just my age group IDK. I don't want to just join a gun group, I want to join a group that is down for when SHTF to take a stand and is serious about training. I'm getting out of the national guard and still want to train every month at the least. Calguns.net is good, I'm registered, I just don't go on that forum very often. Ya, there are a several Calguns refugees here. Too many internet commandos over there. This board is definitely better.

I found this on there..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=636605

Looks awesome... I want to attend but school/work has become my life... it's depressing It's worth it in the end. I'm currently working on a BS degree. I just got a bump up to Tech 3 as a result of skills gained. Show me the money!

Nor cal is better then so cal. I'll admit it. But I am not a fan of the word "hella" at all. Hella is hella annoying. SoCal rules, NorCal drools! :smartass:

I use to go to chico every year for a few weeks and go wild with my old high school friends that went to college there. They graduated last year so now I don't have any where to stay if I go there haha.

Norcal has redwoods and Humbolt county, Socal has Hollywood and Death valley.

Oh yeah, and we have all the water, so don't piss us off or I'll turn off the tap! :-)

Oh yeah, and we have all the water, so don't piss us off or I'll turn off the tap! :-)

DOH!

DOH!

Yeah you have a BS degree alright! :hysterical3:

Another Southern CA guy here, although I have to agree Northern CA is better. They have these amazing things called forests and trees. :wink:

They have these amazing things called forests and trees. :wink:

What are these trees you speak of? Forest? I don't understand anything you are talking about. And why are you winking at me? :blink:

What are these trees you speak of? Forest? I don't understand anything you are talking about. And why are you winking at me? :blink:

Ha, the wink is for sarcasm, although I know I hide it incredibly well...

As for forests, I think you're out of luck on that one! Yay Southern California dirt and dead shrubs.

I got a forest actually pretty damn close to me. It's not big, but it's good enough. By Ortega Hwy and Santiago peak.

Check this out guys, IDK how credible they are because they are relatively new, but looks promising. http://www.lrtac.com/

I got a forest actually pretty damn close to me. It's not big, but it's good enough. By Ortega Hwy and Santiago peak.

Check this out guys, IDK how credible they are because they are relatively new, but looks promising. http://www.lrtac.com/

That looks pretty cool. Only problem for me is that I'm about as far south as you can get. Closest semi-long range area for me is at South Bay Gun Club. Longest distance is 300 yards.

http://www.sbrgc.org/

Congregate?

Armory members are kinda spread far and wide in USSK. Killer308, Raptor49, Chaotic Mind are about 1.5 hours away from me. I've met up with Killer at 29 palms and they have a nice range that goes out to 1 mile.

I dont believe there are any outdoor ranges in OC area. I know there are some indoor ranges that may let you fire an AR but max range is 25-30 yards :unsure:

There are a few ranges about an hour away from you that you can really have fun meet with our long guns.

Angeles Shooting Range - One of my favorite ranges I frequent. Silhouette targets from 200 to 600 yards, paper targets can be set out to 200 yards, couple dozen benches just on the rifle side. Pistol side has several bays, silhouettes from 10-100 yards. They also have a couple stations for clay shooting. At this range they also have reloading store. A lot of the calgunners shoot here.

Oaktree Gun Club - My other favorite range I frequent. They have a rifle range that goes out to 100 yards and silhouette targets at 50 - 100 yards. Some of the targets are hidden behind trees or bushes. Shotgun range for skeet and trap. They also have 3 pistol bays and 1 long section for silhouettes target set out from 15 yards to 50 yards.

Burro Canyon Shooting Park - Went here for the 1st time last week. This may be the closest one to Irvine and a good range to setup a meet. They have rifle range that goes out to 200 yards. They have a pistol bay but did not get a chance to check it out. They also have private ranges to rent for as little as $80 (covers 4 shooters) and $20 for each additional shooter.

Organizations:

Cal Precisions Rifle Club

Project Apple Seed

CGN OC Chapter Monthly Shoot This is the closest one to you.

:thumb:

Good stuff Outkast Thx. I only knew about angeles shooting range.