Sign in to follow this  
Interloper

FCW in Cortland, NE

Anyone here ever heard of or worked with these guys? The mfg their own AR and 1911 platforms. I stopped by there yesterday...a little expensive but you get what you pay for, looks like they do quality work.

Anyone here ever heard of or worked with these guys? The mfg their own AR and 1911 platforms. I stopped by there yesterday...a little expensive but you get what you pay for, looks like they do quality work.

Never heard of them... what's their full name?

Frerking Custom Works...they have a website, but there's not a lot there. The guy I talked to said they'd be updating it soon. He also said they do some custom work for LPD.

Their site

Frerking Custom Works...they have a website, but there's not a lot there. The guy I talked to said they'd be updating it soon. He also said they do some custom work for LPD.

Their site

Hmmmm interesting... might have to take a jaunt down there sometime... bit of a drive for me but might be worth it to go to a real shop.

Hmmmm interesting... might have to take a jaunt down there sometime... bit of a drive for me but might be worth it to go to a real shop.

It's about 2 miles south of Cortland right off Hwy 77, on the south side of the road. They had a nice AR with a stainless steel barrel and billet lower, that was ceramic coated as well. Pricey, but they'll customize it pretty extensively.

I like their Tac-Latch for the charging handle. Looks like they have some decent handguards as well. Wish there was a shop like that closer to me. Didn't know about that place when I lived in Lincoln....

Edited by diablo6552

I'm not sure where they were prior to 2012, but they moved to their current location in the last 6 months or so. I'm going to try to save for some more hardware in the next 6 months, and they might be my next shopping stop.

Well, I emailed them about getting my 870 Cerakoted so we'll see how much they quote me. Hopefully it's not too bad. May wind up just getting my receiver, magazine tube and extension coated and not the barrel so I can change it out later. We'll see.

Dude, why go to a 2nd or 3rd rate gunshop when ya have a world class 1911 Smith & gunshop in Fremont, NE......

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/

When I was stationed at Offutt would go there every now and again & used thier Dunk-Kit to clean everything from S&W M15's, M9's Uzi's, M16A1's and M60's....it's a superb but expensive cleaner....disolved carbon off of M16's and M60's....

Great people and if they don't do what ya want they will point out somebody that will who does superb work.....

Dude, why go to a 2nd or 3rd rate gunshop when ya have a world class 1911 Smith & gunshop in Fremont, NE......

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/

When I was stationed at Offutt would go there every now and again & used thier Dunk-Kit to clean everything from S&W M15's, M9's Uzi's, M16A1's and M60's....it's a superb but expensive cleaner....disolved carbon off of M16's and M60's....

Great people and if they don't do what ya want they will point out somebody that will who does superb work.....

I already asked them if they'd cerakote a shotgun, and they said they only do pistols, otherwise I would have gone there too. It's closer.

I already asked them if they'd cerakote a shotgun, and they said they only do pistols, otherwise I would have gone there too. It's closer.

Who did the recomend to do it locally then???

Have a guy who does it here, not sure if he sends it out or does it himself, we just lightly talked about it once....

Edited by Rampy

Who did the recomend to do it locally then???

Have a guy who does it here, not sure if he sends it out or does it himself, we just lightly talked about it once....

They didn't give any recommendations. Interloper went down to FCW and saw their work on an AR lower. They seem to be the only ones around here that can spray it. I emailed for a quote.

I'm a spamming POS. Too bad I don't get to post here anymore.

Edited by Pepper