Tuner92

Spikes tactical Florida edition lower ?

Was wondering what they are worth

I would guess not much more or none at all compared to the other spider lowers I know they only made around 500

And I tried to look them up for sale and I only found a few stripped lowers and they were all around 300 to 400 but don't think that's right

Edited by Tuner92

I don't think they would be worth any more than any other Spikes lower.

What Gmountain said. I'm a Spikes guy, but selling a lower because it says something special is ridiculous. Its worth no more than any other. I have a Spikes Zombie lower they only made a few of, nothing special. Just a good lower.

I don't think they would be worth any more than any other Spikes lower.

Thats what I was thinking what I must have seen were panic prices

Spikes makes good stuff. They are local to me, and I have had them do a little work on my gun. They are good people.

i recently bought a spikes florida lower, with a pistol tube and buffer, and a complete lower kit, for 200 bucks. they're out there.

I'm a florida boy looking to pick-up a lower and don't know where to go. I'd appreciate any help I get. I never intended to build a rifle. I own a Colt H-Bar and just wanted to change out the carry handle for a flat top. I learned that Colt didn't build theirs readily compatable with other Mfg's. So after waiting around for an adapter pivot pin (it works but not well) I ordered a RRA two stage trigger. then found out the Colt has something in the lower that makes Drop in type triggers impossible for a beginner like me to install. So, I'll put the Colt back to original and get a new lower. It's tough to be me.....

Spikes lowers are good. I have built 3 lowers and never had a problem with the stripped lowers. I haven't seen any FL edition lowers but several of my lgs carry spikes lowers.

Well I did some pokin around at various gun shops, and I have to agree with "Tango". The only difference in any of em is whats stamped on the side. Oh, and the huge price differences. So I went cheap and got one that says Anderson on it for about half what the same dealer wanted for the Spikes. Only time will tell if I f----d up

I guess I'll put stickers all over it. So no one will notice its a cheapy..

It should be ok. Keep us updated with the build.

My LGS told me Anderson used to make Colts lowers? I have used 2 Anderson lowers and uppers for builds so far with no issues.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll keep this going.

Well I did some pokin around at various gun shops, and I have to agree with "Tango". The only difference in any of em is whats stamped on the side. Oh, and the huge price differences. So I went cheap and got one that says Anderson on it for about half what the same dealer wanted for the Spikes. Only time will tell if I f----d up

It would seem that all lowers (and uppers) are created the same. With some, you are definitely paying a premium just for a name. Personally, I never feel comfortable buying the cheapest of anything. I don't believe that the most expensive is necessarily the best either. I try to do the best research I can and then try to determine the best value for the money. It's not easy, and sometimes it is worth a little extra to me simply for my own peace of mind.

That being said, I do believe that Spike's Tactical makes good quality products for a fair price. In fact, I am considering a matched upper/lower set (FDE) by ST. It is a little more than I would like to pay, but as I said, it gives me peace of mind to believe that it will be a good quality set with good fit and finish. If Bravo Company offered stripped lowers, things would be different. I am a strong believer in BCM and highly recommend their products without hesitation. BCM undoubtedly make the highest quality products for the money.

Used the Anderson lower with a CMMG parts kit. A surplus ammo 18" H-bar upper. Bravo Co gunfighter stock, MOE Fore end, and topped it off with a Burris fullfield 3x9x40 scope. Took it to the range and realized you really should put Loctite on your scope screws. I got it zeroed ok but that Mil-spec trigger is awfull, so I ordered a Timminey 4lb single stage. I'll keep trying to post the pic.