Sign in to follow this  
oldman10mm

Started making paracord braided rifle slings

DSC_3820AampCampCCampSatampAampS_zps5817

the first(my first) was 'sloppy',was still learning about tightness/looseness and consistency. After that one,they came out better. The 5th one is a 4 strand with a 'hidden' 5th strand(the gray/silver),6th added some color.

Damn dual purpose sling ... Carry your rifle and just may help ya if you get your arse in a bad spot

Looks good! Going to sell them?

I saw a 'braider' at a gunshow in Ohio,one of the items he was making was rifle slings,but his slings were very stiff and not soft and flexible as a sling should be. He sells his slings for $50. I figured I could do better in the flexibilty area. It was all in the tightness,or lack of it,in the braiding process. No,not sellig as a 36" 6 cord sling uses 90' of cord and takes 4-5 hours to braid. Just wanted to make some for myself.

Those look nice. I have a friend of mine that has made a couple but I haven't been able to check them out good yet. I have thought about trying it myself.

those wide ones are really sharp

the wide ones are on 1" sling swivels,could go even wider yet with 1 1/4" sling swivels.

WAY cool !!!

I like that!

adjustable,I don't see how as each end is permanent,but that's something to ponder for the future.

after seeing how the black/yellow turned out in appearance, my next one's gonna be a wide black with bright neon green for a Zombie AR sling.

DSC_3823AampCampCCampCCampAampS_zpsd02ad

-the first one was shown as the last one in post #1,I like the color but too much of it.
-the second one,a test,is a 4 strand black with 2 yellow strands interlaced to reduce the percentage of yellow.
-the third,a test,is a 6 strand with 2 yellow strands interlaced but I don't like the way the yellow bunches up.
-the fourth,a test,is a 6 strand with 2 yellow strands interlaced differently than the third to maintain a good look of the yellow.
-the fifth,a finished sling,based upon the fourth. A typical 6 strand wide sling takes 4-5 hours(for me) and the extra 2 strands of yellow interlacing easily doubles that time.

Those are pretty cool.