GUNSNOB

Illinois gets concealed carry...

Hey all,

I just read on Fox News Illinois just passed concealed carry 85-30...Congrats and welcome to the club....

a quick search on the site turned up nothing...so if I missed and double posted please forgive...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/25/illinois-lawmakers-approve-gun-plan-opposed-by-governor/?test=latestnews

It just passed in the house. Still has to go through a senate vote and then the gov has to sign it. It's not done by a long shot.

I posted this inside another thread yesterday.

It's simply the bill passing the house. It still needs to go through the senate

It just passed in the house. Still has to go through a senate vote and then the gov has to sign it. It's not done by a long shot.

:tap:

:bellylaf:

:tap:

:bellylaf:

Slowpoke

Hey all,

I just read on Fox News Illinois just passed concealed carry 85-30...Congrats and welcome to the club....

a quick search on the site turned up nothing...so if I missed and double posted please forgive...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/25/illinois-lawmakers-approve-gun-plan-opposed-by-governor/?test=latestnews

I didn't read the link, but being as I am from Chicago I stay up on this, and that's wrong we aren't there yet. I even watched the full length of the entire debate until the vote concluded. Somethign like 3 1/2 hours. Historic yes, but we re not there yet.

It passed the hosue, and is onto the senate for approval. The senate majority leader Cullerton has said he will block the bill, he doesn't like it. I honestly don't see this happening for a number of reasons. The governor, Quinn, said he will work with the senate to block the bill and if it gets to his desk he will veto.

We got a veto proof vote in the house, but who knows what we'll get in the senate.

I do think this bill will pass and will be signed. We have mitigating circumstances and a deadline set but the 7th appealant courts stating that our current UUW UCW laws are unconstitutional and stated they will expire June 9th. So the clock is ticking for them to pass a law or on June 9th we become a constitutional carry state.

I have been on the phone again with my rep over this latest version of the bill.

In exchange for eliminating home rule provisions, they have allowed all kinds of places to be off limits to CCW AND local LE still has the ability to "flag" a persons application to the State Police.

In my mind, this is defacto "may issue" instead of a true "shall issue. I let my rep know I was not a happy camper, and I urge all Illinois shooters to call their reps.

My rep, for whom I have great respect, thinks it would be a mistake to let the Court deadline to pass and revert to "Constitutional Carry". He believes that even one or 2 bad things happening during this time could have end up with an even worse bill, and some of the problems with this bill can be fixed in the future, or changed thru Court challange. I don't agree. I think we should hold out and let the deadline pass.

Trying to go back and change fuzzed up bills is much worse than letting the deadline expire and then having to write a proper bill. Just look at Oscumbag care, New York gun law, Maryland gun laws, Colorado gun laws.

Give em an inch.........

Oops... soooooooory....

I have been on the phone again with my rep over this latest version of the bill.

In exchange for eliminating home rule provisions, they have allowed all kinds of places to be off limits to CCW AND local LE still has the ability to "flag" a persons application to the State Police.

In my mind, this is defacto "may issue" instead of a true "shall issue. I let my rep know I was not a happy camper, and I urge all Illinois shooters to call their reps.

My rep, for whom I have great respect, thinks it would be a mistake to let the Court deadline to pass and revert to "Constitutional Carry". He believes that even one or 2 bad things happening during this time could have end up with an even worse bill, and some of the problems with this bill can be fixed in the future, or changed thru Court challange. I don't agree. I think we should hold out and let the deadline pass.

My fear in all this is that the bill goes to the senate and gets hacked up. All the good parts get cut out leaving just the bad stuff and then it goes back to the house and it gets passed because they don't want to "Go over the cliff" and actually let the people have their Rights. Of course governor Quinn will sign any shatty law that comes along so we end up with what is shatty anyway.

I dislike greatly that those elected officials believe there is some power vested in them to infringe upon the Rights of the law abiding.

If we end up with a crappy law I think a lot of people are going to be enormously pissed.

It is important to get State Pre-emption, otherwise, every jurisdiction will pass Gun Control laws differing every few miles down every road in the State.

The IRA and NRA are staying silent on this mess, they don't like any of the pathetic choices becoming available.

But it sure looks good to see Rahm get his small 'butt-kicked' and go 'crying-like-a-baby'. It must suk to learn you are 'nobody' and have to go hide-out with the other 'nobodies' LOL

So here is the deal today in Illinois...

Illinois State Senate had 2193 in executive committee, it was voted down and now remains in the committee. Then called HB183 SB4, which was voted to go to the senate floor for vote.

I beleive NRA is staying silent on 2193, but definetly not staying silent on 183. Nearly 2,000 witness slips were filed in opposition of 183, and those ass hats still voted it to the floor. By the way someone commented that the nearly 2,000 witness slips in opposition of 183 may be a senate record... and they still voted it to go to the floor.

I just don't understand politics. I think 183 goes no where, but I am not going to speculate like an arm chair legislator anymore. It's going to be an interesting next couple of weeks.

It is important to get State Pre-emption, otherwise, every jurisdiction will pass Gun Control laws differing every few miles down every road in the State.

In the debate today someone pointed out already over 109 different gun ordinances on the books in the state. This is why we need preemption. Just to point out a couple: http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/illinois-magazine-and-firearm-restrictions/123/

How do you know how many rounds are legal and where? Not to mention some towns ban hallow point ammo. What?! This is why we need state wide pre-emption.

Edited by chicagogunsmith

So here is the deal today in Illinois...

Illinois State Senate had 2193 in executive committee, it was voted down and now remains in the committee. Then called HB183 SB4, which was voted to go to the senate floor for vote.

I beleive NRA is staying silent on 2193, but definetly not staying silent on 183. Nearly 2,000 witness slips were filed in opposition of 183, and those ass hats still voted it to the floor. By the way someone commented that the nearly 2,000 witness slips in opposition of 183 may be a senate record... and they still voted it to go to the floor.

I just don't understand politics. I think 183 goes no where, but I am not going to speculate like an arm chair legislator anymore. It's going to be an interesting next couple of weeks.

What is the difference between the 2?