GUNSNOB

Illinois gets concealed carry...

What is the difference between the 2?

The one in the senate is may issue, allows local police to deny a permit, allows home rule communities to set up gun free zones with no restrictions as the Republican Senator said "This is not a carry bill it is a make it impossible to carry bill."

The one in the senate is may issue, allows local police to deny a permit, allows home rule communities to set up gun free zones with no restrictions as the Republican Senator said "This is not a carry bill it is a make it impossible to carry bill."

Which means its a game of chicken with two fundamentally different bills and a hard deadline. I don't see the anti's caving on it.

Yup that about sums it up. 2193 isn't great but 183 is horrible. 183 has more gun free zones, removes the safe harbor, removes super premeption which allows home rule which makes it impossible to know if you are legal or not. Already 190+ ordinances already on the books regarding guns how do you know if you are ever legal from one town to the next.

Oak, want to know what's funny? Cullerton and Madigan are BOTH antis! The NRA isn't in on this, the NRA bill was voted down. Had a majority but required a super majority to pass. Madigan took credit for blocking the necessary votes, even said as much in a speach when asking people to vote for 2193, said somethign to the effect of "0997 would have passed if I hadn't worked against it." Had he not blocked our vote a month ago we would have a very decent bill.

This is anti vs anti and the only thing we pro gun peoples can do is choose the lesser of two evils. There is always the June 9th "cliff" when we get constitutional carry but that will be a nightmare with over 200+ possible home rule carry laws/ordinances to hit the books on June 10th. It'll be impossible to be legal.

Yup that about sums it up. 2193 isn't great but 183 is horrible. 183 has more gun free zones, removes the safe harbor, removes super premeption which allows home rule which makes it impossible to know if you are legal or not. Already 190+ ordinances already on the books regarding guns how do you know if you are ever legal from one town to the next.

Oak, want to know what's funny? Cullerton and Madigan are BOTH antis! The NRA isn't in on this, the NRA bill was voted down. Had a majority but required a super majority to pass. Madigan took credit for blocking the necessary votes, even said as much in a speach when asking people to vote for 2193, said somethign to the effect of "0997 would have passed if I hadn't worked against it." Had he not blocked our vote a month ago we would have a very decent bill.

This is anti vs anti and the only thing we pro gun peoples can do is choose the lesser of two evils. There is always the June 9th "cliff" when we get constitutional carry but that will be a nightmare with over 200+ possible home rule carry laws/ordinances to hit the books on June 10th. It'll be impossible to be legal.

It would be funny were it not so sad. I say go over the cliff and the chaos in the courts will force a better bill.

Going over the cliff is akin to having a bad bill. I live and work in cook county around the chicago area. Carry will be impossible. However on the plus side, no bill is better than a bad bill. At least the pro gunners like Rep Phelps can continue to work on a good bill. However with Phelps being from the far south of Illinois he will no longer have an incentive to sponsor a bill, south of I80 is pretty much all pro gun, will be constitutional carry. North of I80 is going to be hell for gun owners who want to carry :( and my wife won't let me move.

Going over the cliff is akin to having a bad bill. I live and work in cook county around the chicago area. Carry will be impossible. However on the plus side, no bill is better than a bad bill. At least the pro gunners like Rep Phelps can continue to work on a good bill. However with Phelps being from the far south of Illinois he will no longer have an incentive to sponsor a bill, south of I80 is pretty much all pro gun, will be constitutional carry. North of I80 is going to be hell for gun owners who want to carry :( and my wife won't let me move.

This is why when my wife told me she's having second thoughts about moving to AZ, I about shat my pants and told her ill send her a postcard :)

I think Madigan is playing his hand a little too openly here. You can bet your ass that with the next administration there will be a full court press by federal prosecutors to get him being dirty.

Saying that he has power like that is akin to saying he has dirt on people and is perverting government even more than normal. People are going to be pushing back at his pulling the strings of the state.

Latest development is the legislature has 1 day left before they go home to get a law passed through both houses and get the governor to sign it.

There is word that the house and senate have reached an agreement and will do just that tomorrow. Of course no details on the deal but the word on the street it starts out.......

"If you want to carry a concealed weapon in Illinois, first you must bend over, we will take it from there."

They don't necessarily go home tomorrow because they can still call for a special session.

Have you guys seen the Cook County ordinance that goes into affect if by chance the State doesn't pass a law? 40 HOURS OF TRAINING. MAY ISSUE if you can PROVE YOU NEED IT and SATISFY THE SHERIFF. $300 FEE. I stopped reading after that but can post it if anyone wants to bother reading it.

Todd V hinted that the comprimise amendment that has been drafted late last night (he actually posted at 1AM at IllinoisCarry) that we didn't give up too much except ever so slightly widdled down the "super preemption" to make it safe for CCers to not get pinched for accidentially having to large a mag. From the tone of his post hew as confident we get something passed today, but who the heck knows!

This is why when my wife told me she's having second thoughts about moving to AZ, I about shat my pants and told her ill send her a postcard :)

I told my wife she has 15 years (until my youngest ships off to college somewhere) after that I am moving with or without her, preferrably with her. Slowly I am working on her and getting her to see why I hate this state so much. The Taxes and the Politics are on the top of my list.

Well the senate passed their boondoggle of a CC law. Now back to house. I have killed the battery in my phone trying to get through to my rep and for some reason the lines are busy. I hope it is others calling to say vote no, constitutional carry is good with us.

I swear if they pass this horseshit "just to have a law" I will be very displeased.

Well the senate passed their boondoggle of a CC law. Now back to house. I have killed the battery in my phone trying to get through to my rep and for some reason the lines are busy. I hope it is others calling to say vote no, constitutional carry is good with us.

I swear if they pass this horseshit "just to have a law" I will be very displeased.

I wish yall luck, hopefully the house will shoot it down.

House passed it those worthless pieces of shat.

House passed it those worthless pieces of shat.

Typical politics, make it seem as though they are working on a bill & then switch hands.

This just keeps getting better. The "Deadline" has been extended by 30 days by the court supposedly so the governor has time to "read" it before he signs it.

What it amounts to is the "Home rule" areas need time to pass an "Assault weapons" ban before this becomes law. It is in the bill that 10 days after the bill becomes law there is a moratorium on any new local gun legislation. So the gun grabbers need time to enact all the laws they can to deprive us of our Rights.

I wonder if they will be surprised when people show up with torches and pitchforks to let them know how they feel about their political thuggery?