GUNSNOB

Illinois gets concealed carry...

I told my wife she has 15 years (until my youngest ships off to college somewhere) after that I am moving with or without her, preferrably with her. Slowly I am working on her and getting her to see why I hate this state so much. The Taxes and the Politics are on the top of my list.

So he's three? Its not like he's in his junior year at high school. He's portable. Try Texas or Florida. The gun laws are great and its better weather. If you like the cold try Vermont or Idaho. Just a thought.

The bill that passed was not the original 183, but was completely rewritten (SA5&6)and very much improved. Not a great bill but no where enar as bad as it was. Much much better in my opinion that constitutional carry because it eliminates the patch work of home rule laws that would have sprung up on the 10th. If you aren;t aware Cook had a hirrible ordinance already in place which was a real no carry bill. It was horse manure.

Yep the deadline was extended. Now everyone needs to be watching their local village and city websites. Some home rule communities have already begun the process of calling meetings to enact AWB's. Deerfield for sure will try an AWB ordinance and possibly Highland Park.

As for me leaving Illinois and my kid, yes he's 3, my daughter is 7. But there is more to why we can't leave which includes my wife, her family and the fact that we are underwater our our properties. So I figure my wifes parents will have passed and we'll be above water on our mortgages in 15 years. I'm thinking Texas or Arizona. I was thinking Alaska but my wife hates snow. Maybe Puerto Rico if they become a state (and depoending on their gun laws). No way I can go anywhere now and I have plenty of time to think about it. My wife being hispanic is afraid everyone from down south is racists and will try to lynch her.

P.S. The website URL says brdnews.com what happened to ar15armory.com? My notifications of reply sent me to brd news instead of ar15 armory.

Edited by chicagogunsmith

The bill that passed was not the original 183, but was completely rewritten (SA5&6)and very much improved. Not a great bill but no where enar as bad as it was. Much much better in my opinion that constitutional carry because it eliminates the patch work of home rule laws that would have sprung up on the 10th. If you aren;t aware Cook had a hirrible ordinance already in place which was a real no carry bill. It was horse manure.

Yep the deadline was extended. Now everyone needs to be watching their local village and city websites. Some home rule communities have already begun the process of calling meetings to enact AWB's. Deerfield for sure will try an AWB ordinance and possibly Highland Park.

As for me leaving Illinois and my kid, yes he's 3, my daughter is 7. But there is more to why we can't leave which includes my wife, her family and the fact that we are underwater our our properties. So I figure my wifes parents will have passed and we'll be above water on our mortgages in 15 years. I'm thinking Texas or Arizona. I was thinking Alaska but my wife hates snow. Maybe Puerto Rico if they become a state (and depoending on their gun laws). No way I can go anywhere now and I have plenty of time to think about it. My wife being hispanic is afraid everyone from down south is racists and will try to lynch her.

P.S. The website URL says brdnews.com what happened to ar15armory.com? My notifications of reply sent me to brd news instead of ar15 armory.

We get so many people from Deerfield, Highland Park, Skokie and any number of NE burbs at the Bristol range, and they all bring ARs. Hopefully they are very vocal and stand up for themselves.

We get so many people from Deerfield, Highland Park, Skokie and any number of NE burbs at the Bristol range, and they all bring ARs. Hopefully they are very vocal and stand up for themselves.

Do NOT count on it. Infact the below is a copy and paste of a conversation I was having on another forum this morning...

Just doing my civic duty to make sure IL residents are aware of the games their politicians play and trying to get more people involved. It amazes me there are over 1.5 million gun owners in Illinois but when we have our largest pro gun rally only 8,000 show up, when witness slips are filed in support or opposition of legislation, the record is 2,000 slips, that the Illinois State Rifle Association, the 2nd largest state rifle organization in the country (2nd only to Texas) has only 29,000 members.

Seems to me most people just take what they are given and grip about it rather than getting involved in the law making process. I was like that myself up until 2 years ago nad have been very involved with Illinois gun politics since. I do understand though why people are like that, politicians seem to do what ever they want regardless of what their constituents want. I'm not sure when it became the people vs the politicians, but that's what it seems to have become both on local, state and federal levels. Sad state of affairs.... and these jack hole politicans get re-elected on the basis of low information voters and false promises.

I lived in Austin for seven years. Let me assure you that your wife need not fear anti-Hispanic prejudice. Hell, look at the Bush family. W was as fluent in Spanish as English (granted that's damning with faint praise, but he made the effort) brother Jeb is married to a Mexican immigrant and it wasn't a problem. Its a great town and very inclusive. Its also a great vacation spot if you like music, food and the out doors. Take a vacation down there and let her see that central Tx is just as open a place as you'll find. East Tx. is more of the conservative South, but central and South West Texas? Well, as the bumper stickers say, "Its a whole other country". Its true and in a good way.