AR15Armory.com

Another black guy who gets it!

greenhornet-1

If you ask me, this thread shows racism is alive and well in America.

The title says "Another Black Guy Gets It." Talk about giving everyone a label- a perfect example. Why not just title it "Another Guy Gets It?"

Yep, and the more we drive in the wedge the harder it is going to be to convince anyone to see things our way

So what? It's still labeling people by race, as opposed to their views.

You asked why. I neither started this thread nor do I direct every political party in the US to not use the racial demographic.

You can make your point without having to call someone a racist. I doubt if the OP could without pointing out racial demographics because without them that guy in the video would come off as a bit of an idiot and nobody would want to hear his crude opinion.

You asked why. I neither started this thread nor do I direct every political party in the US to not use the racial demographic.

You can make your point without having to call someone a racist. I doubt if the OP could without pointing out racial demographics because without them that guy in the video would come off as a bit of an idiot and nobody would want to hear his crude opinion.

Again, what does that have to do with anything? The guy is either a bit of an idiot or he isn't. He has a crude opinion or he doesn't. Race has nothing to do with it.

BTW, I didn't call anyone a racist. I pointed out that racism is alive and well, and when we distinguish content by race, we are contributing to it.

By the op pointing out that he vid was from a black person was simply pointing out not just what it obvious to the vid viewer but something that is rare nationwide. With BHO carrying over 97% of the black vote in both elections it is rare to see a black person being vocal against BHO. "Another guy who gets it" is nothing to write home about. More people get it every day. But when a person that stands against the majority of his race on this subject gets it, it is something to talk about.

If we were talking about a muslim making a yout tube vid condeming the fundimental islamist actions in Egypt, Iraq, or AFG it would me more than appropreate to say "another muslim gets it" so why is it any different when we are talking about a black guy getting it in reference to BHO?

By the op pointing out that he vid was from a black person was simply pointing out not just what it obvious to the vid viewer but something that is rare nationwide. With BHO carrying over 97% of the black vote in both elections it is rare to see a black person being vocal against BHO. "Another guy who gets it" is nothing to write home about. More people get it every day. But when a person that stands against the majority of his race on this subject gets it, it is something to talk about.

If we were talking about a muslim making a yout tube vid condeming the fundimental islamist actions in Egypt, Iraq, or AFG it would me more than appropreate to say "another muslim gets it" so why is it any different when we are talking about a black guy getting it in reference to BHO?

Because that's what racism is. That's why it's so insidious. That's finding a way to perpetrate racism, albeit certainly not intentionally. Who cares if someone has a different opinion than the majority of his race (not that I buy that anyway)?

Because that's what racism is. That's why it's so insidious. That's finding a way to perpetrate racism, albeit certainly not intentionally. Who cares if someone has a different opinion than the majority of his race (not that I buy that anyway)?

I dont think pointing out facts or stats is racist. To describe a person a as black is not racisit but expression of an observation. Now you may not buy into the idea that most blacks support BHO and his policies, and they may not, but the ones that voted in the last 2 POTUS elections supported him by a VAST majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008#Voter_demographics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#Voter_demographics

My earlier numbers were not accurate but less than 10% of voting blacks did not support Obama in the last election and less than that in 08. Now when you look at the demographic for whites another is not that big of a deal as it was much more a divided vote. To include his race in the title signals that this man while maybe not an exception to all people but certainly an exception within his demographic.