AR15Armory.com

Burning house, who do you save? Your dog or a human stranger?

Sgtar15

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me.. if i could, it would be the stranger. We all know what its like to lose a loved one(person) and i wouldn't want to put another family through that when i could have made a difference. But it sure as anything ,would suck big time knowing your dog was going to be history.

Why is there a stranger in my house

That's exactly what I was thinking. Did the stranger start the fire? Why did he burn my house. Was he trying to kill me?

If that's the case...F him. The dog is first. If I'm able after that, then the stranger arsonist attempted murderer.

Now, if my house is on fire, and a stranger was passing by and ran in to attempt to save me, and got trapped himself, absolutely, the stranger first.

There's not too many circumstances that there is a stranger in my house, let alone a stranger in my house while it's burning.

Why is there a stranger in my house

Bingo, save the dog, shoot the stranger on the way out.

ETA, now if we are talking about a friend, or even a person that I invited over it changes the dynamics. If a stranger is in my house and I did not invite him the fact that the house is on fire does not change what my reaction is going to be. Especially if he gets between me and the exit.

Edited by redbarron06

Let me remind you of a quote from Bob Lee Swagger.

Don’t do that. Come near the porch, I didn’t invite you; you’d have to shoot the dog. Shoot a dog in this county on a man’s land, I’d bury you in the hill, and tell the sheriff a month or two later. He understands.