AR15Armory.com

Burning house, who do you save? Your dog or a human stranger?

Sgtar15

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its kind of entertaining to see what lengths you guys are changing the scenario so you can save your dogs. :hysterical3:

It was a very vague question. Are we talking the stranger that I called to fix the sink, or the stranger in the living room with the TV in his hands @ 3AM. Makes a HUGE difference. Just saying a stranger is like saying a person.

Bottem line is that if he was not invited in he is not a stranger but a invader you know the TN law as well as I do on how that works out.

My dogs are under voice control or a leash at all times so they wouldn't run into a building without permission. Makes it easy since my dog wouldn't go in I would help the person.

If yall don't want to train your dogs I guess your decision will be a little harder

Edited by harry1

It was a very vague question. Are we talking the stranger that I called to fix the sink, or the stranger in the living room with the TV in his hands @ 3AM. Makes a HUGE difference. Just saying a stranger is like saying a person.

Bottem line is that if he was not invited in he is not a stranger but a invader you know the TN law as well as I do on how that works out.

Just for clarification and "Yes" its happened to me, an apartment complex fire, the one time you expect to see strangers in your house is when your house is on fire. Its is customary for people to break into your house if its on fire to warn people or look for people passed out from smoke inhalation.

1979 Woodway Fire, largest fire in Houston's history. Seven alarm fire, seven apartment complexes in three blocks went up in minutes. Our complex was the last one on the dead end street, the only one with a tile roof, and the only one to survive but not without fire. Every apartment in our plex had homeless on our floors for a few days. Our plex was called "Santa Fe", stucco with tile/gravel roof. The fire department drained our pool for water and it was a larger double pool.

Working a second shift, I was home in bed when a young girl burst into my bedroom screaming "Fire". It was these people going door to door before the fire department even arrived that resulted in no causalities despite the cities largest fire. I kid you not, you could hear the screaming dogs and cats over the roar of the fire as they burned in the apartments. Three blocks of apartments, both sides of the street, went up that afternoon. Day became night, it was so dark, and fire embers fell from the sky like from volcano. Behind the street was other complexes, however their car ports with gravel roofs were closest then a parking lot which, along with fast acting fire department, saved them.

The news story of that day had it wrong as for the cause. It was a girl smoking in her bathroom when her mom came home from work, panicked and threw her cigarette out the window onto the hot wood shingle roof, on a very hot sunny day.

Nope, I don't have dreams of bad guys in my burning house because I've seen good guys in my burning house. Nope, I wouldn't let someone die that was trying to save me for my dog, especially a cute young girl.

Like I said, you guys have to come up with some good imagination to get some arsonist so stupid he got caught in his own fire or burglar rushing into a burning building to snatch and grab in order to save your dog.

I do love my three dogs, but they are dogs.

Tj