AR15Armory.com

Stop and Frisk

muzlblast

Good Idea? Or blatant violation of rights?

While I am generally opposed to just about anything from NY I can't help but wonder if this might be an effective thing to implement in crap holes like Chicago, LA and Oakland. Crime does seem to be down in NYC and I think it has more to do with thugs knowing they can be patted down anytime.

I wouldn't want to be searched for no reason but I have nothing to hide, however, if someone wears the uniform of a professional gangster, well I don't think I'd have a problem with cops being able to check someone like that out.

Sorry in advance if that sounds like profiling but regardless of color it's not real hard to spot a gang banger.

Discuss...

Edited by muzlblast

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of the attitude that says, "I must be hiding something if I don't want to submit." The SCOTUS laid it out in Terry v. Ohio. If you have RAS, then do you little terry search. If not, then I am obviously not being detained (as you have no RAS) and this is a mere "contact" and I am within my rights to excuse myself and walk away.

The left keeps saying, "as long as it takes guns off the streets and keeps us safe, go for it"........Just another step until they are allowed to come into any home, antime, do a random search for anything...............as long as it will keep us safe, huh?......AT WHAT COST TO FREEDOM AS OUTILNED IN THE CONSTITUTION!? I bet we will hear more and more arguments by these libertards that the constitution was just that an outline, not to be taken seriously word for word, and may be bent,twisted and fractured anyway "to keep us safe from ourselves"....ya know for the kids, and Trevon.

What is that quot, some thing like If you give up your rights for a little safety you get nether rights or safety.

WAKE THE freak UP PEOPLE! They are turning New York into Russia, Nazi Germany, North Korea, or China! This is were it starts and once it starts it is VERY HARD to stop it! Any body who thinks this is a good idea is rolling over and letting them ruin this country, and as far as I am concerned isnt worth my time!

Good Idea? Or blatant violation of rights?

While I am generally opposed to just about anything from NY I can't help but wonder if this might be an effective thing to implement in crap holes like Chicago, LA and Oakland. Crime does seem to be down in NYC and I think it has more to do with thugs knowing they can be patted down anytime.

I wouldn't want to be searched for no reason but I have nothing to hide, however, if someone wears the uniform of a professional gangster, well I don't think I'd have a problem with cops being able to check someone like that out.

Sorry in advance if that sounds like profiling but regardless of color it's not real hard to spot a gang banger.

Discuss...

So you want others to lose their rights, but you want to keep your own?

Sadly this is why we don't have Liberty like we used too. Everyone screams about the rights they like, or for the people they like, but as soon as they disagree with it or the target group, violations are then somehow OK

The crime in stop and frisk is not so much the stop and frisk part but the part where New York has made it so only the criminals can have guns.

Same story in Chicago. Only the criminals can have guns so now they want to violate everyone's rights and do stop and frisk here as well.

Fuzz that, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Give the law abiding their rights and you don't need to do stop and frisk.

Profiling works. I know it sucks but it is a fact. If you are in an area that is full of thugs, you are dressed like a thug, carry yourself like a thug, and act as a thug why are you mad when somebody calls you a thug and treats you like one? Dont want to be treated like a criminal, stop acting like one.

Profiling works. I know it sucks but it is a fact. If you are in an area that is full of thugs, you are dressed like a thug, carry yourself like a thug, and act as a thug why are you mad when somebody calls you a thug and treats you like one? Dont want to be treated like a criminal, stop acting like one.

So you live in Tennessee and dress a little country. Clearly you are a moon shining criminal. Are you willing to give up your rights for searches because you are clearly dressed like a criminal?

No, I merely wanted to see how other people felt about the policy. I'm interested in everyone's opinion on the subject not pushing an agenda.

Lighten up.