AR15Armory.com

Stop and Frisk

muzlblast

Profiling works. I know it sucks but it is a fact. If you are in an area that is full of thugs, you are dressed like a thug, carry yourself like a thug, and act as a thug why are you mad when somebody calls you a thug and treats you like one? Dont want to be treated like a criminal, stop acting like one.

Pretty much my feelings, you just said it better.

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you live in Tennessee and dress a little country. Clearly you are a moon shining criminal. Are you willing to give up your rights for searches because you are clearly dressed like a criminal?

The difference is I am not walking around in a high crime area imatiting or idolizing those committing the crimes. There is a huge difference. I am not justifying the pratice of stop and search but lets face it, the FACT is that profiling works. That can not be argued. Police do it every day. If the are looking for a suspect that is white they dont stop blacks or hispanics, if they are looking for a hispanic, they dont stop whites or blacks. That is all profiling. The subject fits a profile. Lets look at the profiles of those in NYC, Chicago, LA, SF, Memphis and match the searches to the profiles of the majority of the criminals. How about we stop reaching up grannys dress at the airport and start searching middle age middle eastern men who are a billion more times likley to carry a bomb on a plane than granny is?

Once you say it is ok for the cops to hassle "them" what is stopping them from saying "you own guns so you get searched next". or "You served in the military so you got PTSD and need to be commited"

After reading what you people are typing I have lost respect for some that I never thought I would! It sad-ins me to see people who have fought for this country GIVING in to the liberal's that are taking the Constitution away from us

Like I said I am not supporting the program, I am saying it works. If we want to get back to the Constitution then by gods sake I am all for it full blast. Absolutly no searches without a warrant, peroid, end of sentence. But when we do, dont be beotching because there are more cold unsolved cases at the local PD then there are that are solved.

The fact of the matter is that by the way a person carries themself, dresses, acts they draw attention to themselves. If you walking around looking like a criminal dont be shocked when you are treated like one.

The difference is I am not walking around in a high crime area imatiting or idolizing those committing the crimes. There is a huge difference. I am not justifying the pratice of stop and search but lets face it, the FACT is that profiling works. That can not be argued. Police do it every day. If the are looking for a suspect that is white they dont stop blacks or hispanics, if they are looking for a hispanic, they dont stop whites or blacks. That is all profiling. The subject fits a profile. Lets look at the profiles of those in NYC, Chicago, LA, SF, Memphis and match the searches to the profiles of the majority of the criminals. How about we stop reaching up grannys dress at the airport and start searching middle age middle eastern men who are a billion more times likley to carry a bomb on a plane than granny is?

So because someone is poor and forced to live in a less than ideal area they must be criminals who should be searched?

So because someone is poor and forced to live in a less than ideal area they must be criminals who should be searched?

No, because they walk around acting like criminals, imulating criminals, and fitting the profile of criminals they should be watched with a greater amount of detail. I have know several people tha grew up poor, in poor areas yet did not walk around looking like a poster child for the Bloods or MS13. I can assure you the kids walking around in dockers and polo shirts are not the ones being searched. The kids walking around advertising their ass for rent with their pants down around the bottom of their butt with a colored bandana are the ones that are. If you walk around like the local drug lord dont expect to be treated like Bill Gates.

Once you say it is ok for the cops to hassle "them" what is stopping them from saying "you own guns so you get searched next". or "You served in the military so you got PTSD and need to be commited"

After reading what you people are typing I have lost respect for some that I never thought I would! It sad-ins me to see people who have fought for this country GIVING in to the liberal's that are taking the Constitution away from us

Jiminy Christmas it's just a discussion. Nobody's trying to take your rights away or giving into liberals. Some of you folks take everything so seriously...

Searching people simply to be searching them is a blatant violation of their rights.

That being said, searching some kid dressed up like an outlaw is kind of like searching someone going into a liqueur store wearing a mask. There has to be an element of dress, behavior, and yes demographics.

There should be an element of suspicion and searches under reasonable suspicion is essential to safety. The problem comes in with those making that decision of what is reasonable being unreasonable both pro and against.

NYC under Bloomberg went off the deep end with these type searches increasing ten fold. When you do that, then you are snaring too many people that should be beyond reasonable suspicion.

Its not hard really, they look like trouble and are where they shouldn't be. God, I was searched many times as a kid for that same criteria. I wasn't really doing anything but then each and every time I could see why the officer did what he did and if those good ole boys in KY can do that so can they in NYC. If they are searching little old ladies walking their dogs to be PC, then they've crossed the line. Sounds like they have.

Tj

So following the logic presented here we should be searching the bank accounts of any business person because they are the ones that would embezzle or collect the DNA from every guy on a club because a girl might get raped

So following the logic presented here we should be searching the bank accounts of any business person because they are the ones that would embezzle or collect the DNA from every guy on a club because a girl might get raped

If he's in a bank that got embezzled or the patrons in the club are in a club where a girl was raped, yes.

You are thinking in absolutes. IT would be like me replying if there's a report a black man 6' tall wearing a hoodie raped someone then we should ignore all 6' men in hoodies on the same night in the same proximity. You can't separate the element of "where" and "when".

There's a difference between the kid walking to school during the middle of the day and a bunch of kids in the park hiding out under a bridge at night.

NYC has obviously gone off the deep end of neglecting the "Where" and "When".

Tj

Following the other logic that has been presented we should not be able to questions anybody in a crime when they have a discription of the perp because anybody that shared any or all of the traits would be profiling. If a guy robs a bank and speed away in a a black car with local plates the cops should not be able to investigate any black cars because they dont have a specific plate number.

When it comes to constitutional rights, you are right, I am going to think in absolutes. If we don't we are hit with "you don't need an AR15".

If someone gets raped by someone who is 6' wearing a hoodie than that is reason to stop, if someone is walking dressed how they want to dress that is not. If they are trespassing at a park after hours that is reason, if they are walking down a street at any time of day or night that is not, there is no law on walking.

What other parts of the constitution should we ignore?

What is cause of the number 1 crime problem in NY? Gangs, so there is a reason to stop and investigate those that are dressed like gang bangers. We know for a fact that gangs earn money through drug sales, arms trafficing, break ins and other crimes.