Sign in to follow this  
Ready22

What's new in Nebraska?

Looked like Scheel's had a ton of ammo in stock. Oddly enough the cheapest was 62gr green tip... Lower parts kits, mags, etc in stock. No .22LR. A reasonable amount of self defense ammo but the plinking stuff seemed lacking.

It is the same all over. No .22lr except for the couple hours immediately after a shipment arrives. 5.56 or .223 in stock but just the more expensive stuff.

.40 and 9mm are hit and miss, mostly good SD stuff. .45 isn't too bad.

It is improving but no where near fast enough.

Scheel's in Omaha actually had some .22... but they still wanted $70 for a 500rd brick. 5.56 is still over $10/box of 20 for FMJ's...

Ammo is readily available up here....not yet to pre-Sandy Hook prices yet, but you can pick it up. 22lr is still tough to come by. You have to get it as it hits the shelf.

Scheel's in Omaha actually had some .22... but they still wanted $70 for a 500rd brick. 5.56 is still over $10/box of 20 for FMJ's...

$70.00? Ouch. When it is available out here it is going for around $19.00 a brick. Picked up some 40 round boxes earlier in the week (3 box limit per day) and think I paid around $1.75 a box for them. Nice thing about our Bi-Mart stores out here is if they have it the sell it at the "Old" prices, no trying to screw you by jacking them up.

Went to walmart, they had CCI for $7.50 a box of 100. That's still better than the farm store locally, that was usually $10/box there...

Went to walmart, they had CCI for $7.50 a box of 100. That's still better than the farm store locally, that was usually $10/box there...

That's not too far off for the CCI in the plastic box. Paying for a lot of packaging and a premium round. I think the CCI is close to the same price around here.

That's not too far off for the CCI in the plastic box. Paying for a lot of packaging and a premium round. I think the CCI is close to the same price around here.

Yep I thought it was fair also. Picked up 300rds for cheap so I'm happy.

Earlier I'd gotten 3 50rd boxes of CCI hunting ammo for about 5 bucks a box so I was happy with this lol.