Sign in to follow this  
Rexwagon

AR15 Accessories: Review: Strike Industries Charging Handle (ARCH)

Review: Strike Industries Charging Handle (ARCH)

Review the Strike Industries Charging Handle   http://strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/rifle-enhancements/ar15-platform/charge-handle/ar-15-m16-charging-handle.html   This handle is 29.99 and comes in 3 Colors.  I went with traditional Black.  I Have never used a BCM or any other brand of charging handle than a standard GI type.  I could never justify spending the money.  So I saw this one and for a few bucks more than a standard I figured I would give it a try. First impressions:  The finish is fantastic.  Very smooth and nice clean edges.  The Engraved nomenclature is sharp and very focused.  As soon As I put it into the upper Receiver I could tell a difference.  It has a very very smooth action to it.  I didn't think I would notice that much but I was wrong.  The latch has a crisp smooth release to it.  Surprised that it was a big difference over what I normally use.  The ergonomics of it was an upgrade, with the cross hatch on both sides gives a nice secure grip.  Its very sturdy and seemingly has no flex/play.   My only negative so far is on Strike Industries website the FDE colored one doesn't look very FDE to me.  But I did choose Black. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range, so I will update that later, but I have no doubt that this will be a great item.   I have found the charging handle to be great for the money and will probably buy more in the future.  I definitely recommend this to everyone. Also shipping was Fast and Cheap.  3 days, through usps, I think it was 2.25 shipping.

• Author
  • Category
  • Submitted
    09/24/2013 02:22 PM

For a beefed up charging handle that looks great, wished they made that design without change with an ambi, Armadynamics screwed up big time discontinuing their ACLM.

Thanks for the good review. I've been wanting to get a Rainier, but not ready to pull the proverbial trigger. This looks like a less expensive alternative. Thanks again.

Not sure how one would work under a scope. I used a BCM Large for all my rifles and it works well under my scope on my varmint rifle. If you can try one under a scope let us know how it works.

Sign in to follow this