AR15Armory.com

I'm gonna go broke, gone to the dogs, PICS UP IN OP

Pepper

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip> I'll get a basket case that soaks me at the vet's office for every dime I can spare, but whatever. I'd rather spend my money on a dog than most humans outside of my immediate family.

i've spent about 6k on dog surgeries this year. maybe a little more if you include all the vet visits that couldn't tell me crap.i finally drove 2 hours to pittsburgh to a vet who knew what she was doing. but anyway my dad beat this into me since i was old enough to want a dog -"that dog didn't come to the house and move in. you picked him out you take care of him."

:tiphat: your a good man pepper.

i've spent about 6k on dog surgeries this year. maybe a little more if you include all the vet visits that couldn't tell me crap.i finally drove 2 hours to pittsburgh to a vet who knew what she was doing. but anyway my dad beat this into me since i was old enough to want a dog -"that dog didn't come to the house and move in. you picked him out you take care of him."

:tiphat: your a good man pepper.

My vet always said the free one's are the most expensive. He was right. When I was a broke college kid I drove from DC to Western Ga. to get a bird dog from this high end breeder. Turns out one of his pointers got into the Brittney kennel and he was giving the pups away as long as you agreed to get them spayed. I got a great dog, she lived to be 17. But damn that thing was accident prone. Hit by a car, about $1500, swallowed a wash cloth, another 2 K, chewed up by a possum (her record was 6 and 1 :yukyuk: ) about $500.

But old Spike was a great dog and worth every penny. Hell, I took her home when she was 5 weeks old, as the breeder wanted them gone as soon as they were weaned since he was charging serious money for pure breeds. She weighed about six pounds. I had one of those Barbour oilskin coats, and I used to take her with me to my on campus job in the game pocket, as she freaked out if she were left alone. I'd set her down on the quad and I couldn't take two steps before a half dozen co-eds were lined up to pet the puppy. I'm thinking "Man, when did this start and why didn't I catch on sooner?". It was the best no money I ever spent. :bellylaf:

She looks young for a 10 year old, not much gray in the face/snout.

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to ask the vet this week, see what his best guess is. Her papers are somewhere, but no one can lay their hands on them right now.

She's a whole bunch more alert and perky than when we picked her up. She's trying to play, and is bugging my beagles to get into the sport of dog hooliganism. Good food and some TLC seems to be working magic.