Sign in to follow this  
WearyObserver

Moving to California

I am moving to California towards the end of October. I know...it is a very daft thing to do with everything that is going on.

I will be in the San Francisco Bay area (Working in the city, maybe living on the peninsula).

Any suggestions for self defense or how I can prepare myself? Obviously taxes are amazing (My calculations show I will only take home between 40 and 60% of my gross).

Should be exciting for a little while, but we'll see how long I last. I hope to be back to the east coast before too long.

I would get with outkast and celtic about this.

You already know you will need bullet buttons for your AR's

I would get with outkast and celtic about this.

You already know you will need bullet buttons for your AR's

I am leaving all my firearms with family until I get back to the east coast. I don't want to modify them and I figured it would be easier to buy a CA legal firearm in CA. Also, if they decide that everyone must turn in their guns, I didn't want to possibly lost them.

I may shoot them a PM. Thanks!

Any suggestions for self defense or how I can prepare myself?

That's a pretty open ended question, anything in particular you want to know more about? San Francisco is about the worst part of California for 2A.

Guardrail nut on a 10" length of 550 cord as a key fob. As someone once said, it's not tacticool, but one whack upside the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

That would land you in jail here. (In a lot of states actually.)

A pink Obama hat?

• Like 1

I am moving to California towards the end of October. I know...it is a very daft thing to do with everything that is going on.

I will be in the San Francisco Bay area (Working in the city, maybe living on the peninsula).

Any suggestions for self defense or how I can prepare myself? Obviously taxes are amazing (My calculations show I will only take home between 40 and 60% of my gross).

Should be exciting for a little while, but we'll see how long I last. I hope to be back to the east coast before too long.

San Francisco... better get a chastity belt.

I had to figure and pay CA taxes one year a few years back, and I was not even a resident. Only did a little work there for a short time. I feel sorry for you already.

I just escaped from that s**thole. Its beautiful there, but that does not outweigh the craziness. I was born and raised there, but just could not take it anymore. I walked away from a great job with a stable company to live in a free state.

Good luck, and keep your head down.

Frank

How long are you planning to be there behind enemy lines?

Best advise is DON'T GO!!!!!!

How long are you planning to be there behind enemy lines?

I hope to be in the state for only 4 years max...there are other offices for this specific company, so the idea is to move there, prove myself a valuable asset and then transfer to another office in a better state.

For the time that you are here, keep in contact with xOutxKastx, MyCleverSN, and I if you ever need support. I may not be staying here much longer if my move to Oregon works out as planned, but we are still here to support you too. There are some pro-2A guys left in this state and others who still uphold their values and appreciation for the Constitution, you just need to weed out the 90% of illogical, self centered, materialistic, and idiotic people within this state. Also, check out that local forum I used for reference in our PM. It's definitely not the Armory as I truly think that the family we have here is by far hard to beat, but at least the local forum has more in-depth info of what is happening in CA.

You know, realistically you're playing with a legal nightmare. The best advice a ex Californian can give someone that's moving there is carry a collapsable baton like an asp. Before you engage your assailant make every attempt to get away from them. Run, hide, do what you need to do. When you're arraigned in court, the Judge is going to ask. It will make the difference between murder or justifiable homicide.