Ncmedic2598

Which Quad Rail

Hello all, this is my first post here and I am new to the world of ARs. I have recently purchased a Colt LE6920MP-B 2013 configuration with the Magpul furniture and I would like to change the quad rail. What I would like is a quad rail that only leaves the flash suppressor visable. I understand I will need to change the front sight and replace it with a low profile gas block and any info on which gas block to choose would be helpful also. I'm thinking I want a 15" rail, is this correct? Thanks for your help guys.

Midwest industries, seekins and a few others have them

I saw the seekins 15" and I like the look of that. I'm kind of in the dark as to fit and don't want to buy the wrong rail that won't work

Daniel Defense makes a fine rail. Stick with a lopro gas block and that should remove all clearance issues.

Edited by xOutxKastx

Any specific lopro?

I've used BCM, Troy, Vltor, and few others. Have you check Jtrain for sale add. He has some parts you could build an upper with.

No I am not familiar with it. I guess rather than a brand I was curious as to whether any lopro would work?

you will need a .750 i believe, .625 is for the lightweight barrels. make sure you have a barrel nut wrench, punches, hammer, and wrench. (dpms Ar15 tool takes care of the BBL nut and regular wrench.) The Barrel Nut is a Moochel to remove but if you have a breaker bar, it shouldn't be to bad.

I will be posting pics of my modified DD M4A1 RIS II some time. It will be accommodating a Noveske midlength switchblock.

Well you will have to wait a while but it is worth it.

I really like my Seekins 12" bar rail, it stops several inches short of the muzzle but I think Seekins sar rail will come in a length that will. Just finished a rifle build with a black hole barrel and love it. Surplusammo.com has some in stock

Bud there is a set of Centurions in the Non FFL section that will cover the bottom of your FSP, really nice set of rails for a heck of a good price.

im leaning toward Black Hole Weaponry for the barrel

Why dont you shoot the piss out of the stock colt barrel? Also, why do you want a quad rail? If you're looking into the 12"-15" length, that adds significant weight. Look into the modular systems that you can place rail sections where you need them. "Ounces = Pounds, Pounds = Pain!!!" Why carry extra unneeded weight? if its the look you want, go ahead. My rifle is a tool, Its main purpose is to be as functionable as possible weighing the least as possible. Just some food for thought.