AR15Armory.com

My 1st AR-15: DDM4V7 vs Core15 TAC II M4 FDE

begleysm

Hey all,

I have been reading up on AR-15's for a while and am now in the market for my 1st. I've narrowed down my selection to 2 platforms that I like. Both appear to be similar rifles and I have found them at a similar price point (not enough difference for me to care). I'll list the PROS of each below (according to my thinking).

The Daniel Defense M4 V7 (no sights)

https://danieldefense.com/rifles/mid-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v7-no-sights.html

+ Daniel Defense name

+ I really like their slick Modular Float Rail 12.0

+ Comes with Magpul Stock (grip?, magazine?)

The Core15 TAC II M4 FDE CERAKOTE

http://core15rifles.com/core15-tac-ii-m4-rifle-fde-cerakote.html

+ I like the FDE coloring

+ Comes with Magpul Stock, Pistol Grip, P-Mag

+ What appears to be an awesome Lifetime Warranty

+ Unloaded weight is 5.9 lbs (vs the 6.4 lbs for the DD)

They both seem to have the same basic "features":

+ chrome line 4150 CMV govt profile barrel

+ low profile gas block

+ flash hider

+ M4 feed ramp

+ flat top

The other rifle I'm considering is the Spike's Tactical ST-15 16" Mid-Length LE w/ 13.2" SAR but it is my 3rd choice

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/ss/st15-16midlength-le-w132-sar-p-812.html

Does anyone have an feedback on the DD vs the CORE15? Anything I'm not considering? My favorite part of the DD is the Slick Rail which I think I could buy separately for the CORE15. The only thing about the CORE15 is that I wasn't familiar with the brand until recently but I've read some good things.

Thanks,

Sean

:welcome: to the Armory, the Core 15 or Spikes Tactical are not on the same page as the Daniel Defense, so I would go with the Daniel Defense.

I would not allow any rifle coming with the magpul furniture to influence my decision either, there are so much more better furniture out there to use.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, especially "Mr. Member ID: 1" ;)

DD is rising to the top of my list based on your replies and I'll be searching for the best price I can find shortly. Unless some earth-shattering new information comes in I'll be getting the DD.

Thanks!

Sean

Also in Daniel defense's level in terms of quality are bravo comapany, colt, noveske, lmt, and knights, Anderson (site sponsor). Prices for colt, bcm, lmt, and Anderson's are all +/- $200-300 of each other...maybe some of the noveskes if you search hard enough. Knights will be up there, though.

Also in Daniel defense's level in terms of quality are bravo comapany, colt, noveske, lmt, and knights, Anderson (site sponsor). Prices for colt, bcm, lmt, and Anderson's are all +/- $200-300 of each other...maybe some of the noveskes if you search hard enough. Knights will be up there, though.

I've got to agree with this. These are all of the "go-to" manufacturers when you want something you'll know is built right.