Sign in to follow this  
The War Wagon

Any news on how NCIS-busted Army Navy stores are doing?

A few weeks ago now - haven't been down to Cal Army/Navy lately to check them out.

DA: Raid at California Army Navy Store nets more than $750K in stolen property

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/da-r...0k-/nbsWw/

Quote:WASHINGTON, Pa. —

More than $750,000 in stolen United States Marine Corps property was recovered Wednesday night during a raid at the California, Pa., Army Navy Store, according to Washington County District Attorney Eugene Vittone.

“This search warrant followed an extensive investigation by the United States Marine Corps, Naval Criminal Investigation Service and Washington County detectives into the theft and selling of stolen property,” Vittone said.

According to Vittone, the items included cold-weather clothing, uniforms, knives, tents, sleeping gear and system helmets.

"As a prosecutor, it’s rewarding to me to work with and assist United States law enforcement agencies to recover property belonging not just to the taxpayers of Washington County but to the citizens of the United States,” Vittone said.

Few other details have been released.

“My hopes were to recover some of what was stolen, but what we ultimately got was beyond my expectations,” Vittone said.

Charges are pending against the owners of the business, Vittone said.

Saw it on the news when it happened, & STILL can't believe it. http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/14/charges-pending-after-ncis-raids-washington-co-army-navy-surplus-store/

Also this store, in east-central PA

Shippensburg surplus store owners charged after undercover purchase of illegal military equipment

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/11/husband_and_wife_owners_of_mil.html

They used to bust the one across from Lajeuene every few years.

Across from ANY active military post would make a LOT of sense - it's just that, it hadn't happened here - not in my 11 years here anyways - and it seemed to come from out of the blue. And the fact they got two in PA - related to stuff disappearing FROM NC - also seemed odd.

Years ago a guy I went to school with was in the military and got busted stealing from the base. They tracked the stolen goods across several states. They actually caught him by following the goods backwards. A lot of service men were involved that had no idea they were moving stolen goods.

Well... I guess I'd be ticked off too - if someone stole MY $500 hammers... & $700 toilet seats! :blush:

Well... I guess I'd be ticked off too - if someone stole MY $500 hammers... & $700 toilet seats! :blush:

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. $750,000 is not a lot of military gear.

One word busted that couple, Stolen was spoken and that sealed the deal.