The War Wagon

Local gunsmith's house blows up!!!

... in the middle of a funeral service at my church!!!

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/06/partial-house-collapse-reported-after-explosion-in-brentwood/

brentwoodexplosion_close.jpg?w=620&h=349

Here's a couple of quick screen captures from another station whose newscast I'm watching.

capture_20140206_181343_zpse4ca6f8f.jpg
capture_20140206_181349_zps9c810418.jpg
capture_20140206_181352_zps0e253377.jpg

EVERY fire truck, ambulance, and LEO in the South Hills must've responded - I couldn't hear the Pastor during the epistle, Gospel, Creed or second hymn, for all the sirens!!! :ohmy:

As an aside, I don't know this guy WELL, but I had talked to him about getting a firearm transferred through him a few years ago. I believe he also reloads, and he's just had an "out-of-battery-powder" experience there at his house! :blush:

Wow!

Keep us up to date on that. That's gonna be interesting to see what it was.

The homeowner did surive and walk out under his own power, but he was badly burned, and can't remember/doesn't know what happened, accoridng to KDKA's coverage.

The local stations all stated that "ammo was still cooking off," but I'll bet dollars to donuts it was PRIMERS cooking off. Not enough fire in the house to cook off ammo.

Wasn't another local gun smith/dealer killed not too long ago?

Wasn't another local gun smith/dealer killed not too long ago?

Yeah, up in Indiana Co.

Owie.......that ain't going to buff out......

Morning update.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9814175

According to the latest, he was walking UP his basement stairs, when the explosion occurred. The high yesterday was 20, with heavy snow/icepack. I'm going to make an educated gas, that his gas furnace inadvertently ingested some gunpowder through a return vent. :blush:

Wow!!! How could the furnace ingest some gunpowder and enough to blow up the house?

Morning update.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9814175

According to the latest, he was walking UP his basement stairs, when the explosion occurred. The high yesterday was 20, with heavy snow/icepack. I'm going to make an educated gas, that his gas furnace inadvertently ingested some gunpowder through a return vent. :blush:

That's not going to happen. The filter would stop any material, gunpowder or other, before it got to the furnace. It's probably just a gas leak, and it's just a coincidence that the house doubled as a gun shop. But the way they are talking, they may not allow anyone back in the house to investigate to determine the real cause of the explosion. It's real easy to just blame the gunpowder.

Wow!!! How could the furnace ingest some gunpowder and enough to blow up the house?

Couple of things. There was an explosion, but no fire. The homeowner was going UP-stairs from his basement - possibly trying to turn off the furnace, before the explosion occurred.

Still too many questions at this point. The news tends to go ape-poopy whenever firearms are in the vicinity, as if the firearm could have caused the explosion. :rolleyes: The homeowner is one of those RARE (in this day) 'basement FFL's' still, so the media likes playing up THAT angle, even if it eventually turns out to be something like, a leaking propane grill tank, or some such. He's also retired LEO/EMT, for what that's worth.

Couple of things. There was an explosion, but no fire. The homeowner was going UP-stairs from his basement - possibly trying to turn off the furnace, before the explosion occurred.

Still too many questions at this point. The news tends to go ape-poopy whenever firearms are in the vicinity, as if the firearm could have caused the explosion. :rolleyes: The homeowner is one of those RARE (in this day) 'basement FFL's' still, so the media likes playing up THAT angle, even if it eventually turns out to be something like, a leaking propane grill tank, or some such. He's also retired LEO/EMT, for what that's worth.

Yep, that's it exactly.

Home owner remains in critical condition because of his burns - not much else going on at the moment.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/one-person-hurt-house-explosion-brentwood/ndGKB/

ATF is most LIKELY involved, in order to secure his stock and paperwork! You DON'T want a LOT of firearms walking away from the scene, without being associated via paperwork to somebody!

geez i haven't heard anything about this and i watched the news this morning

geez i haven't heard anything about this and i watched the news this morning

Do you get local news out of Erie/State College up there? Or Pittsburgh?