GLShooter

One Of The First

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:47am The Wolverine
Post by The Wolverine on Jan 21, 2012 at 6:47am
It has been around a year since Ritch and I started our plans for the 6 Grendel.

I have had the Barrel in hand for six or eight months, and have been working out of town too much to build it. It has been propped in the corner of my bedroom since BHW sent it to me months ago, much to my wife's dismay. She kept telling me to put it in the safe, But I wanted to see it every time I was home, Knowing at some point I would have time to build it, and enjoy shooting, and hunting with it.

Well, deer season is almost over here, 10 days left, it is time.

I built and shot it yesterday, it was dark and raining by the time I finished building it, and loaded some ammo, but I clipped the weapon light on and shot it anyway, not for groups, but for function. 95gr Ballistic tips functioned perfectly.

My girls have a volleyball tournament out of town today, and Sunday, so I will not get it sighted in and ready to draw blood until next week, but dadgumit, I am going to kill something with it before season is over.

Paul

20120120_200307.jpg

20120120_184533-1-1.jpg

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:56pm The Wolverine

Here ya go, my range report is, this thing will shoot. I am as giddy as school girl.

Got home today before dark, and sighted in the 243 LBC with the 100gr Partition.

I have just shot the best group I have ever shot at a 100 yards in my life!!!

This is not a worked up load, it is the first load I have shot from this barrel, this is shot number 5, 6, and 7 out of this barrel.

I think it is ready to kill something.

20120125_175859.jpg

Yes that is three shots.

20120125_175723.jpg
  • Like 1

Good shooting!

Welcome to the board. Yep even five years ago that wasn't bad.lol

Greg