GLShooter

200 Yards and Making Them Count

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:54pm : GLShooter
Post by GLSHOOTER on Nov 10, 2013 at 12:54pm
Ritch just sent me a text from the Utah desert. He took the 6.5X6.8 varaint out to day. This is on an AR15 not the Savage barrel he had been shooting. Once again a grab at numbers and a charge of 8208 at a safe pressure level and this is what he got. This is a Nolser 123 Custom Competition loaded to 2.300 over IMR 8208XBR. FC brass. Group shot at 200 yards is 0.846 CTC. The barrel is a 22" standard profile 3 groove ploygon rifling. Target crown.

NOSLER123200YARDS0846_zps2a4f6e6d.jpg

Ritch tells me that this chambering shoots so well with so little effort it is amazing to him. Every group he has shot with it in the bolt gun and the AR have been under 1" at 100 peviously. This was stretch your legs deal.

Of course now I have to go out and try my hand later this week.

Greg

:drool5: Killing me!!!!!

WANT! :segrin:

Only a Credit Card click away guys. Tell 'em Greg sent you.......................... :tiphat: And you save 10%

Greg

WOW! Awesome!!

Only a Credit Card click away guys. Tell 'em Greg sent you.......................... :tiphat: And you save 10%

Greg

You mean now I have to pay to get mine back??? : (

Greg said it best when he said, "The 6.5 x 6.8 out Grendels the Grendel." And now they announce the 6.5 Grendel V2.0.

Greg said it best when he said, "The 6.5 x 6.8 out Grendels the Grendel." And now they announce the 6.5 Grendel V2.0.

The Grendel V2.0 is about as close to a 264 LBC as you can get and stiil start with a G. The BHW LBC's already shoot what they want to try. LOL Those guys are gonna run out of magazine room PDQ.

Greg

I take it your building one big bore? Keep in touch with me about your results. I'm building one as well as soon as my barrel comes back.

Gonna start with 120gr bullets and either 8208xbr or CFE223

I take it your building one big bore? Keep in touch with me about your results. I'm building one as well as soon as my barrel comes back.

Gonna start with 120gr bullets and either 8208xbr or CFE223

Big Bore was a WINNER too. LOL

Greg