djmfl

New 6.5X6.8 Build

Here's my completed upper and the complete rifle:

Upper: BHW Left Handed Railed Upper

6.5X6.8 BHW Barrel, 24" SS, 1-8 twist P3, Standard Profile, Target Crown. Using Midwest Industry Gen2 SS, FF, 15" handguard. Ultra low profile gas block, Brownell's Rifle length gas tube.

NewBuild201465X68_zps01188530.jpg

NewBuild2014Complete_zps8504456c.jpg

Mated to GTO/CORE lower (made in Ocala, Fl which is close to where I live) with Timney 3 lb, Skeletonized, single stage match trigger; ambi charging handle; Nikon Monarch Mil-Dot 4-16 scope with side focus.

Next comes loading up some brass and then to the range!

Edited by djmfl

Nice looking rig. Mine is sitting there just waiting on dies.

2 questions though.

Are you sure about the 1:8 twist. I think mine is different.

18" hand guard???

Mine is a 1:9. They do have a 1:8 button for 6.5. I know my 260 Remington is 1:8 for the BIG BULLETS. Either will be outstanding in the 6.5X6.8 Better a bit fast than a bit slow all things considred.

Greg

Caleb:

Yep! Definitely 1X8 P3 Here's a shot of the markings

NewBuild2014Barrel_zpsc589f062.jpg

My 6.5 Grendel is also 1X8 P3 only in a 20" standard profile for deer and hog hunting.

You got me on the 18". That was a typo. It's 15". I wanted to cover the gas block on this on since its a pretty long thin tube. Looks great.

Heading to the range tomorrow morning to break this bad boy in properly. Check my post under brass sizing. It's a snap!

Don

Caleb:

Yep! Definitely 1X8 P3 Here's a shot of the markings

NewBuild2014Barrel_zpsc589f062.jpg

My 6.5 Grendel is also 1X8 P3 only in a 20" standard profile for deer and hog hunting.

You got me on the 18". That was a typo. It's 15". I wanted to cover the gas block on this on since its a pretty long thin tube. Looks great.

Heading to the range tomorrow morning to break this bad boy in properly. Check my post under brass sizing. It's a snap!

Don

Looks good. Brass sizing is only a snap if you don't hear the crunch!!!! :bignono:

Greg