positiverate

What am i missing...neck size...

I got my Redding die and played with it today. I running a .286 bushing. My inside neck diameter seems big for a 6.5. Something like .279/.275... What am I missing, or am I on the right track?

Did you exchange the expander ball for the decapping pin retainer?

Well someone just saved me a headache!!

Then leave the 22X6.8 to the big boys.............................................. :hysterical3:

Greg

Then leave the 22X6.8 to the big boys.............................................. :hysterical3:

Greg

:tap: weren't you supposed to be finding me some dies?? :124:

Just an FYI, if you do a 20 cal you have to turn down ( I did it with a drill and sand paper) the retainer nut.

Just an FYI, if you do a 20 cal you have to turn down ( I did it with a drill and sand paper) the retainer nut.

I will buy the next set I find. And then you can pay me.

Greg

Or take the stem out and decap separately.just use the part the stem screws in and drop it on top of the bushing.

Greg

Hmmmmm.....so what I just gleaned from the las post is all I need is another bushing to get into the 22x6.8 game. Oh no....must...not...dial....BHW...

Just start buying bushings. You will have a barrel chambered in all of them before your done. If you don't believe me just ask. :lmao:

Hmmmmm.....so what I just gleaned from the las post is all I need is another bushing to get into the 22x6.8 game. Oh no....must...not...dial....BHW...

24 -22 can be one. I like two.

Greg

OR NOT!!

Wow. I forgot all about this thread and hen I went to start loading last night I had these exact problem. So much so that I stuck a case and sheared off a neck inside of my bushing.

Hey dummy, remember what you read and you won't have these problems!!

OR NOT!!

Wow. I forgot all about this thread and hen I went to start loading last night I had these exact problem. So much so that I stuck a case and sheared off a neck inside of my bushing.

Hey dummy, remember what you read and you won't have these problems!!

Yes. A caliper is your friend. Bushing dies aren't hard to use if you just think it out. My first LBC's were loaded with PPC dies held off the shell holder. More of a challenge but easy. It's when you get into neck turning the fun begins for the beginner.

Greg