meh77gmc

It got here!

I came home from taking the wife to lunch Friday expecting to find the RC helicopters I ordered for my kids to be sitting on the porch. They were, but an even better surprise was waiting there too. That's right, Big Brown Santa delivered a sticker I ordered only about 5 1/2 weeks ago. I wasn't expecting it to be ready for another few weeks, so I am more than pleased with getting it earlier than expected. To make matters even better, BHW threw in a free 24" N/M stainless barrel to go along with it! If I would have known that, I would have ordered a gas block so I could go ahead and take it to the range and break her in. Here are a few obligatory pics. Break-in and range report to follow when the gas block gets here...

Mike

IMG_20140406_131526_936_zps68d80b30.jpg

IMG_20140405_103254_007_zps1cde733e.jpg

That's a good looking sticker!

The barrel ain't bad either. :laugh:

I gotta give it to the guys at BHW. If this thing shoots as good as it looks, BHW is going to be my barrel makers from here on. I ordered it from the website and opted for the "machine finish" to keep costs and turn around time down. I think tooling marks when I think of machine finishes and that is what I was expecting. Not what I got. The finish is nice and smooth with a conspicuous lack of visible tooling marks. Inside and out. I am very impressed with the apparent effort and quality they put in this barrel.

Glad to hear it exceeds your expectations. It will shoot as good as it looks if you do your part. I think sometimes the guys doing the final polishing have a mirror fetish. .

Greg

PS: I never get a sticker!!

Glad to hear it exceeds your expectations. It will shoot as good as it looks if you do your oart.

Greg

PS: I never get a sticker!!

Quit whining I'll send you a sticker with your uppers. :hysterical3:

Quit whining I'll send you a sticker with your uppers. :hysterical3:

So that's where MY stickers go........ (VBG)

Greg

Very nice. Congrats.

I came home from taking the wife to lunch Friday expecting to find the RC helicopters I ordered for my kids to be sitting on the porch. They were, but an even better surprise was waiting there too. That's right, Big Brown Santa delivered a sticker I ordered only about 5 1/2 weeks ago. I wasn't expecting it to be ready for another few weeks, so I am more than pleased with getting it earlier than expected. To make matters even better, BHW threw in a free 24" N/M stainless barrel to go along with it! If I would have known that, I would have ordered a gas block so I could go ahead and take it to the range and break her in. Here are a few obligatory pics. Break-in and range report to follow when the gas block gets here...

Mike

IMG_20140406_131526_936_zps68d80b30.jpg

IMG_20140405_103254_007_zps1cde733e.jpg

Just curious how much was that sticker if it came with a free SS barrel? LOL!

If I remember correctly, it was under three bills. And the barrel is a 1/2 moa machine with match ammo (havent got into handloading yet). Well worth the sticker price.

I am gonna have to get one of those stickers!

I am gonna have to get one of those stickers!

Yes you should!

Congratulations !

Being that I somewhat live my shooting dreams vicariously through y'all, I would love to see you put a BHW barrel on a Savage .308 and test it next to that sweet GA Precision stick Mr. Barron has.