meh77gmc

Holy crap these barrels shoot!

I know what some of you experienced guys are getting for groups from these barrels with your handloads because I drool over the groups you post. I knew not to expect that kind of precision out of my barrel due to the fact I don't roll my own...yet. However, today I found a factory load that my barrel loves. The 69gr. Sierra GMM. I ain't the greatest trigger jockey, so I was thrilled when I was seeing one ragged hole after three shots. I'm pretty sure a better rifleman could have gotten numbers 4 & 5 to land closer to the first three. All in all, I gotta say thanks to you guys for turning me on to BHW. This group is off a bipod and rear bag.

IMG_20140502_125826_950_zpsb3deb2d5.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Shooting! Isnt it a grerat feeling when you find something simple that works well? I had an old Remington 700 in 7mm Rem mag at one time that I shot every kind of ammo through it I could find. Some of that stuff cost $40.00 a box, and that was 15 plus years ago. Turned out the best most accurate round was plain old cheap Remington Green Box ammo. Was able to shoot similar groups with it.

I know what you mean. I just wish this Federal match ammo wasn't $1.20 per round.

The Reloaders Anonymous and PRD Anonymous groups have daily meetings, you should join.

• Like 1

Nice group! I'm amazed this is with factory ammo. The Sierra 69grainers do shoot, and the BHW barrel sure does it part too! I use Sierra 69gr pills in some of my best reloads. Keep up the great work!............and yes, we do have room in our daily meetings. :D:

Better shooters MIGHT shoot better but pardner you have a shooter right there. FGMM is good stuff without a doubt and the barrels are darn sure good but the guy doing the trigger work desrves a cold one for his efforts. I know IPSC guys that can win matches all day long that have NEVER shot a group like that.

Kudos on the effort and thanks for posting up proof that normal guys can step up.

Greg

Dayum Meh!

I think that target would go on the wall above my loading bench.

Very nice indeed.

Dang it I can't wait to get some real glass on my rifle.

Edited by Srgt. Hulka

Dang it I can't wait to get some real glass on my rifle.

I know what your mean, Srgt. My buddy can see his .308 holes at 600 with his Nightforce. I have to have him spot for me being that I only have 14x.

What length barrel, Bud? BTW, nice shooting! :thumb:

That was with the 24-inch bull barrel (.936" at the gas block).

It's time to get a Geissele trigger & then you will shoot smaller groups. :wink:

• Like 1

I already have that trigger (2-stage match) And I don't know if there is a better trigger to be had.

Edited by meh77gmc

thank you guys, am new here on the forum and you all convinced me to order the BHW barrel. Will be bull 18" in 308 and straight flutes behind the gas block. Great grouping

meh77gmc

I know what your mean, Srgt. My buddy can see his .308 holes at 600 with his Nightforce. I have to have him spot for me being that I only have 14x.

What scope did you use for this impressive group?

I have to second the original poster's opinion. I was more than a little leery of all the endorsements and recommendations for BHW barrels. I ordered a full profile, 16" mid-length, 1:8 barrel for my very first build (and my very first AR ever). Until BHW proves otherwise I will not put another company's barrel on any of my future AR builds. BHW has made a believer out of me.

Here is the last group I shot breaking in the barrel. I was shooting .223 Federal 55 gr FMJ with MBUS sights at 50 yards. This is the lower left hand corner of the target. Let me know if you would like to see the full target to see how I walked the shots in before shooting this group.

d8e2a191-4101-44b2-a365-0c3553630841_zps